Author Topic: DTUK Pedalbox  (Read 45105 times)

Offline CarbonGTD

• Not said much yet
Re: DTUK Pedalbox
« Reply #140 on: 20 July 2018, 14:04 »
My thoughts exactly Booth (especially as it makes sense that green is for 'Go' or increase and red if for 'Stop' or decrease surely?) 

But that's exactly what they've done. 

Fortunately this slight foible aside, the new box is still superb.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #141 on: 20 July 2018, 18:48 »
Red is a harsh warning colour so it makes sense to me that it’s for the more sensitive settings.
Green is softer and makes sense for a softer setting.

:lipsrsealed:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
« Reply #142 on: 26 July 2018, 11:51 »
How model specific are these pedal boxes? I.e. would a Mk7 GTi version be exactly the same as one for a Clubsport and other Mk7 golfs?
Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #143 on: 26 July 2018, 13:26 »
Yes. My unit worked fine on both my 2017 Trendline and 2018 GTI. Both 7.5s.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #144 on: 26 July 2018, 14:58 »
How model specific are these pedal boxes? I.e. would a Mk7 GTi version be exactly the same as one for a Clubsport and other Mk7 golfs?

I’ve used mine on a GTI, R, GTD and ed40.
The settings are adjustable enough to find a sweet spot with each engine but the actual throttle pedal electronics seem to be the same in all the models and I haven’t even used a different setting between any of those.
I sincerely doubt the FL cars use a different throttle pedal.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #145 on: 01 August 2018, 21:32 »
I'm a bit late to the part I know but after picking up a pedal box from forum user JonLong on ebay I fitted it this afternoon.

Sport plus mode and then up a couple of notches spins the wheels in second gear with a stage 1 map. It's crazy!

City mode with a couple of notches is just fine  :cool:

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
« Reply #146 on: 02 August 2018, 16:29 »
I'm a bit late to the part I know but after picking up a pedal box from forum user JonLong on ebay I fitted it this afternoon.

Sport plus mode and then up a couple of notches spins the wheels in second gear with a stage 1 map. It's crazy!

Dammit I was bidding on that too! Anyone else selling one, please let me know...
Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #147 on: 05 August 2018, 04:11 »

Dammit I was bidding on that too! Anyone else selling one, please let me know...

There are/were a couple for sale on VWROC very recently if you’re a member on there.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
« Reply #148 on: 09 October 2018, 19:21 »
The original Pedalbox has been retired and has been replaced by the Pedalbox + (without app control)

The Pedalbox Plus has been replaced by the Pedalbox+ with mobile phone app control ..

Details will be released late this week :), but to keep it simple the The Pedalbox+ is now available with or within mobile phone app control ..
Are you looking to tune your Golf GTI or GTD? Were currently offering members £80 off the full RRP on all DTUK Petrol and Diesel Tuning Systems.

PM me for the discount code

Offline trueblue_ips

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #149 on: 13 October 2018, 12:15 »
Just curious and apologies if this has been answered before but why don't VW group fit the correct throttle response from the factory? It seems crazy that it needs a third party modification to make the car as it should have been designed and delivered originally.
Has it got to do with emissions restrictions?
If it has, the government are going to crack on to these at some point.