Author Topic: Remap Removal...  (Read 7571 times)

Offline martininwillerby

• Here all the time
  • Golf GTD DSG
Remap Removal...
« on: 06 July 2015, 21:22 »

Hi...

Please read this question carefully as others on another forum don't seem to be able to...

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I TAKE MY CAR TO A MAIN DEALER CAN THEY REMOVE THE FLASH / MAP I HAD PUT ON MY CAR SO I CAN TRADE / SELL IT ON AND THE NEW OWNER NOT HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH TD1 AND WARRANTY CLAIMS...

It's as easy as that, I don't want to hide it cos I have an issue or problem... NOTHING UNDER HAND

Thanks
Golf GTD DSG, RSN510, DAB, Bluetooth, Leather, 18" Charleston Shadows, Park Assist And In The Best Colour... White.
Martininwillerby

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Remap Removal...
« Reply #1 on: 07 July 2015, 08:31 »
They have the ability to do so

How much they will charge you iss another matter  :undecided:

Can't you get the company who remapped it to put it back to standard??

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 07 July 2015, 13:28 »
Theoretically it doesn't matter as if the buyer purchases the car without being informed of the remap then the seller would be liable for misrepresenting the goods. This would only work though as long as the ECU can be read and shown that the last access time was before the purchase/ handover of the vehicle.

Offline auds2

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2016, 14:41 »
Im sure if you take it to the main stealer they will charge you quite a bit for the pleasure of plugging your car in and reflashing the ECU to stock and while they are on they will carry out the data dump which goes via the www to HQ who in turn may find your software files have been manipulated and then your car will be flagged with the dreaded TD1. ( so ive heard )

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2016, 18:11 »
Mine is currently mapped via the Superchips bluefin. When it goes in for its next service i'll put it back to stock. In theory when its plugged in to the dealers tools it shouldn't see anything untoward. Then again if the ecu does have a flash counter it will have increased by say 1. Some say on the petrol Golfs the Bluefin sends a message to the flash counter to reset it. I'll ask at the desk when i collect the car if there was any problems. If it does flag they may tell me.Wee while till the next service tho.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.