Author Topic: debadging front  (Read 3323 times)

Offline gtimadmike

• Not said much yet
debadging front
« on: 23 September 2014, 07:00 »
I have seen some gti mk4 with the badge removed and it looks great the only issue I am having is some of them have been made  to be straight and not have a semi circle cut out look on the bonnet where the badge used to be. How do you get round that problem as I wouldn't want that semi circle cut out

stage one remap,jom coilovers, pipercross cone filter, vr6 clutch, 20mm spacers all round, silicone tip, ko3. for now ;)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: debadging front
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2014, 10:28 »
Either have to get a bodyshop to fill over that recess - or, ages ago you used to get debadged grilles that came with an insert for that cut out space.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline gtimadmike

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2014, 15:26 »
i have got all the tools, workshop to do the job. was just wondering how to go about it. is it a case of fibreglass then smooth and paint in short?

stage one remap,jom coilovers, pipercross cone filter, vr6 clutch, 20mm spacers all round, silicone tip, ko3. for now ;)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2014, 22:10 »
i have got all the tools, workshop to do the job. was just wondering how to go about it. is it a case of fibreglass then smooth and paint in short?

Nope better to get a plate welded in then skim with filler.

Offline gtimadmike

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2014, 07:27 »
Ahhh cool I can do that :-) cheers

Nope better to get a plate welded in then skim with filler.

Offline MarcIV

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk4 GTI
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2014, 17:00 »
I thought you just bought another bonnet!
Aha
Flash Red Mk4 golf 1.8t GTI :)