Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2760260 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6860 on: 25 June 2017, 20:16 »
Thanks for your kind comment however the Scirocco isn't a convertible it's just how it's reflection is below my door line under my wing mirror so it's just an optical illusion  :whistle:

Thanks, I didn't know that.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6861 on: 26 June 2017, 00:56 »
Today, well yesterday technically as it's after midnight, I drove my GTI Ed40 for the first time without the radio on. I found that the car has several minor rattles at town speeds which I'd not previously noticed.
Rather than let a dealer near it I'll always drive with the radio on in future!  :grin:
I've also noticed a slightly dull patch in the paint on the A pillar on the driver's side. I'm not letting a dealer near that either  :angry:
On a more positive note the exhaust sounded great!

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6862 on: 26 June 2017, 07:03 »
Today, well yesterday technically as it's after midnight, I drove my GTI Ed40 for the first time without the radio on. I found that the car has several minor rattles at town speeds which I'd not previously noticed.
Rather than let a dealer near it I'll always drive with the radio on in future!  :grin:
I've also noticed a slightly dull patch in the paint on the A pillar on the driver's side. I'm not letting a dealer near that either  :angry:
Sounds like it's time for a change.......and you have owned it for a good while now :whistle:
« Last Edit: 26 June 2017, 13:16 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6863 on: 26 June 2017, 09:17 »
Sounds like it's time for a change.......and you have owned it for a good while now.

It's a VW; it's bound to have a few minor rattles :grin:. As for the dull paint area on the A pillar; probably someone wiped some dead insects or bird poo off over-enthusiastically with a dry cloth. It should polish off fine though.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6864 on: 26 June 2017, 09:50 »

As STGTD says, rattles are standard spec on vw's, you, with your vast vw ownership credentials, of all people should know that Mr Ex!  That's why car radios are designed to initiate with the ignition, to instantaneously drown out the alternative cabin disco!  Time to get the lube and felt padding out. Not as peverse as it may sound!  And polish your A pillar, and might as well do the B Pillars whilst you're at it, as they swirl just by BEING!
« Last Edit: 26 June 2017, 09:53 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #6865 on: 27 June 2017, 08:04 »
I have a rattle from the glovebox but weirdly only when my wife is sat in it.. Solution?   :laugh:

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline Bubba Nutkin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6866 on: 27 June 2017, 11:02 »
Tell her to sit on the passenger seat like any normal person.  I admire her flexibility though.
Bubba.
mk7 GTI now sold.  Gone but not forgotten.

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #6867 on: 27 June 2017, 12:12 »
Nice.  :grin:

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6868 on: 27 June 2017, 13:44 »
Sounds like it's time for a change.......and you have owned it for a good while now :whistle:

Yeah, it's getting that way  :laugh:

I'm a changed man I'll have you know!

Sounds like it's time for a change.......and you have owned it for a good while now.

It's a VW; it's bound to have a few minor rattles :grin:. As for the dull paint area on the A pillar; probably someone wiped some dead insects or bird poo off over-enthusiastically with a dry cloth. It should polish off fine though.
I suspect the dull paint is something to do with something gone wrong when the YTS kid did the black roof in the factory.

As STGTD says, rattles are standard spec on vw's, you, with your vast vw ownership credentials, of all people should know that Mr Ex!  That's why car radios are designed to initiate with the ignition, to instantaneously drown out the alternative cabin disco!  Time to get the lube and felt padding out. Not as peverse as it may sound!  And polish your A pillar, and might as well do the B Pillars whilst you're at it, as they swirl just by BEING!
Believe it or not, none of my other mk7's rattled in the slightest.
This one does though.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Excession_OCP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6869 on: 27 June 2017, 23:14 »
Is this thread open to us MK 7.5 owners too?  If it is then it my new GTD made it past 600 miles today so I warmed her up then took her to a nice long straight road and gave her a bit of a 0-62 thrashing.  Put a smile on my face about 5 feet wide!

Oh, and then I put the new headlamps on full beam and got out and looked into them.  I m stll fnding t hrd to se prply