Author Topic: Accuair Elevel Mk1 golf 20v turbo  (Read 221590 times)

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
Accuair Elevel Mk1 golf 20v turbo
« on: 28 December 2010, 00:38 »
hiya guys my names travis

i bought my 1st ever mk1 golf about 4 months ago and desided to do a 1.8 20v turbo conversion so the fun began so far iv stripped the golf out engine gearbox / interior / exterior I.E doors / wings / bonnet ect

iv bought my AGU 1.8 20v turbo engine with 57,000 miles on original clocks / engine mounts thanks to crazyquiffs / NEW AGU cambelt and water pump / mk2 tensioner and bolt and have also started to refurb bits and pieces

i have modified my m3 golf vr6 gear selector and fitted it

i have smoothed my front panel ( deleted front bumper )

cut out a bigger hole so now im left with 2 bigger holes in my front panel ( more air feed for the intercooler )

cut off my engine mount and re-welded were need be

cleaned and painted engine bay and front panel

i bought a set of bbs gti 2 piece split wheels (mk5 gti polo wheels ) sent them off for acid dippin and powder coat primeing also having the barrells powder coated black when i got them back i rubbed then down and painted the faces

all i need to do now is buy a m3 golf 2.0l 16v gear box buy a new clutch put the engine together and gearbox and fit it so with in the month il have the engine in my bay :D

there proberly loads i have missed out but shall make up for this with pictures

anyways plentty of pictures so enjoy

so it started ( the guy in the picture isent me simply a mate lendin a hand )

engine out

engine mount cut off original place and re-welded were need be

front panel smoothed

in the bake

painted

steering wrack refurbed and fitted

outside :D

bonnet mangled MAJORLY

fillerd

primed

painted

gearbox gear selector

befor

after and fitted

stripped

engine bay goin back together

wheels befor but after the visit to the pwdrer coaters

painted MWAHAHAHAHAHA

back together after hours of polishing wheel split bolts SHINEY SHINEY

trial fitted

engine befor

after ( stripped )

new stuff :) cambelt / waterpump / tensioner

engine mounts

old starter motor

cleaned and painted starter motor

momo team 280mm steering wheel

sorry its all abit slung together atleast from this point il be able to update you and you no were i am with it :)

updates soon

« Last Edit: 01 March 2013, 07:04 by travisreeve »

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: mk1 golf 20v turbo GYD
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2010, 00:47 »
Wow, what a project! Can't wait to see the progress on this one :afro:

Offline dazzawest1987

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2010, 07:57 »
looking good mate, how long has it taken you to get to this point?

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2010, 10:46 »
awesome work mate

you gonna be hiking the power at all? Just thinking for anything above 190ish bhp it would prob be easier to put a K03s turbo on there while the engine is out...

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2010, 11:36 »
i have been doin the whole project for about 3 months now the car has been dry stored for about 6 years maybe more id have to look at the old tax disk just to be sure

the plan is to put a ko3s turbo on the engine ( point missed ) i have had a word with the guys at Q-peng who will be sortin me out my stand alone management ecu and i should get about 230bhp :P and il also be runnin a LSD gearbox but that will proberly after the build i wanna get this built for a few shows over the course of 2011 :D and plus im abit stuck asin were to start lookin for one if im honast but with a little bit of luck these forums should be a great help

cheers guys

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2010, 11:43 »
Wow just seen this and already cant wait for the end result, bloody good work so far apart from the colour on the wheels, im not too keen on them but hey everyone to their own.
Really good pics too as i have a mate who is the process of looking for a mk1 to doing exactly what you are doing now so this has been some help for me.

Keep up the good work mate :grin:

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2010, 11:47 »
^^^^ that reminds me colour choice of the wheels is at random i wanted to be a little diffrent with things. YES it makes the boys wink ;) but if it just doesent fit in when the cars complete i shall be paintin the wheels white ( alpine white ) same colour as the car :)

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
« Reply #7 on: 28 December 2010, 12:00 »
Yeah, its not like you dont have the tools to do it. I was thinnking the same for my wheels, i have a set of bbs's for winter and ats cups for summer, want to have totally random colour and stand out from the crowd, i was thinking Lambo green for the bbs and cherry red for the ats's with polished lips?
Well your car does sound like it is going to be one little beast when it is complete, looking forward to seeing it at some of the shows, lucky that you have found one is good condition. I have a mate who bought a lsd gearbox from germany for his beemer, the company said that they cater for all cars and can make or recon and gearbox, my mate paid £285 for the gearbox including postage and it only took a couple of weeks to come. Can try and get hold of the company name and contact details for you if you like?

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 28 December 2010, 12:10 »
that would be a great help mate £285 wow thats cheap i was expecting something along the lines of £600 i have been told there expensive but yes if you could find out who the company was it would be a start :)

cheers travis

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 28 December 2010, 18:09 »
ok so i HAD a problem with my wiring luckily i desided to take my loom out of the car to re-wrap it so when the engine goes in its all nice and tidy with wires hid away :) anyway straight to the point i was takin all the old wirein insulation off and to uncover something un-sightly i was SHOCKED nearly every wire was either fused or burnt someone in the past has had there hands on the loom and FAILED :(

so luckly with many hours i have managed to sort it all out cutting out the bad bits and re-connecting each and nearly every wire with propper terminals and heat shrink all im left to do now is wrap the loom back up with some kind of insulation loom wrap but im waitin to do that as i wanna get the engine in plug everything up and what ever im left with on the loom witch i dont need i shall be takin away ( no spare wires )

pictures will do the talkin

one wiring loom

MESS

ready to go

old burnt / fused bits cut out and nice new terminals and heat shrinks connected

half way through biscuits came out :P

all done and cable tied just to keep everything together for the time bein

DONE :D