Author Topic: Has anyone removed there SAI system from there AUM engined golf?  (Read 2318 times)

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
Basically i have my car sitting outside with all of my coolant drained out from where i have just fitted the forge 7 piece coolant set of hoses.

Is it worth me removing all of my secondary air intake pump and bits that go with it?  I know when you remove the SAI combi valve from the side of the engine you lose all your coolant which is why i am thinking of doing it now while there is no coolant in the engine.

Has anyone else on here removed the combi valve and the pump its self? And if so have they had any problems or anything?

I don't know if it is worth it or not?

If i do it then i will order the blanking plate from Forge for the hole on the side of the engine.

Any help and knowlege appreciated!

Cheers, Richard

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
I have the SAI on mine but not removed it. I think I have read somewhere that if you remove it you have to fit a resistor somewhere in the loom to fool the ECU that its there otherwise you get fault codes and poor running....
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack