Author Topic: joesgti - black GTI  (Read 53394 times)

Offline joesgti

• I live here
Re: joesgti - black GTI
« Reply #10 on: 08 May 2008, 19:30 »
right, just a few more updates. im not getting the OSIR kit any more, i have decided to go with the rieger kit, which is front splitter with carbon flat lip and chanel skirts. then the R32 rear with miltek :evil:

anyway im not ordering that till next month, so this is what i got in the meantime.

some new bright white bulbs, they look so much better at night rather than the cr@ppy yellow ones.

Next i got some R32/ed30 rears
Before:

and after:

cant tell much difference in the pics as the sun was very bright. but they look really lush in the flesh, i couldnt stand the pink ones that come standard.

also big thanks to gulf for sorting half the mk5 section out with these beauties for 6quids!!! cant go wrong with that price!!

and also got this printed by gttdi, tried it on my bonnet and it looks OK, if i get sick of it ill just peel it off as it come off rather easily.

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 08 May 2008, 19:31 »
im away for a short while,  so no mods till next month. and it will be a big one HAHA!!!

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 30 July 2008, 14:31 »
well forum has deleted the last post i made so il have to post it again  :angry:  :tongue:

After some research into OSIR grill for the mk5 (£250) i found a copy on ebay, still very very good quality (as im sure a few of you know) but was only about 80 squid so i snatched that up. also got a black front VW badge and the car's front has now totally changed and looks far more aggressive

and one of its ass

also got the sound system sorted and have now got blue tooth, DVD, CD, Radio, sub, amp n all that  :cool: but no pics.

My car only ran 230bhp at the last RR day so i wasnt happy, so i went to awesome and had diagnostics session for 2 hours and they colunt find a thing wrong with it except that it wasnt boosting at all past 5krpm, it was running 18psi and the at 5k it droped to 4psi  :shocked:. so we came to the conclusion that it was the map i had.

So after the above i gave the people who did my map a call, he then booked my car in and took the map off, played about with it abit and then re-remapped it with a more "aggressive map"  :evil: so took it for a spin and FOOOOOK ME SIDEWAYS, ITS FAST  :shocked: :shocked:. so im gonna try and get in at awesomes rollers soon and see what we get now.

Anyway next on my list is getting my arches touched up as the tyres have scrubbed the paint off when on bumpy roads, going to bring the front up 2-3mm aswell to stop this in the future. Off to IBIZA on friday so il get this done when im back  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 September 2008, 16:01 »
Got me some OSIR carbon fiber wing mirror covers for 130quid!!!  :shocked: (better than 250 which is what they charge direct  :lipsrsealed:) also got some more pics  :cool: :cool:

« Last Edit: 24 September 2008, 10:53 by joesgti »

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 10 October 2008, 10:19 »
lots coming this months,

S3 intercooler - thanks to matt
side skirts
reirger front splitter

:smiley:

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 27 October 2008, 10:25 »
lots coming this months,

S3 intercooler - thanks to matt
side skirts
reirger front splitter

:smiley:

S3 cooler being fitted on thursday by myself  :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:
sideskirts arrived  :cool:

waiting for splitter  :sad:

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 22 January 2009, 16:06 »
milltek R32 style exhaust, finally after a year of wanting one  :rolleyes:

r32 bumper being prepped before paint. and sides being smoothed

just waiting for my front splitter to arrive  :cry:

:drool:

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 26 January 2009, 11:14 »
whoop, sides painted, rear painted,

this splitter is ariving today  :drool:

also tinted my rear reflectors on my R32 rear
Before:

After:

Also fitted my short shifter on saturday  :smiley:

Update probs on wednesday  :smiley:

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 28 January 2009, 16:05 »
this arrived,

and got painted  :cool:

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 30 January 2009, 11:41 »
some pics of work done yesterday.

Please note that the pics are cr@ppy, the car was filthy, the new parts hadnt been polished and had thumb prints and muck all over them (from fitting).

Started by taking off the rear, lower bumper, piece of piss but i had mud guards on and they were a right pain to get off.
Bumper off.

then i rememberd Johnnyc's thred and he removed the rear crash bracket, so i did the same  Tongue

put exhaust on

Then back on with the R32 bumper (time taken so far 1 1/2 hours)

Front splitter, this looks F00KING AWESOME in real life, not so much in the pics  Smiley

took 2 hours up to now, front splitter is about 6-7 torx screws so is damn easy to take off.

next were the skirts, we didnt have time to bond them, so we got the standard skirts off and then left the garage.

whilst getting the skirts off (i was pissed off and getting tired)   :grin: :grin: :grin:

and finaly off. the std ones are soooooo cr@p, they literally glue them to the car with sticky pads!!  surprised

will have some of the finished car after dinner hopefully.  Smiley

GTI MK5