Author Topic: is this reasonable  (Read 5179 times)

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
Re: is this reasonable
« Reply #50 on: 12 January 2009, 21:29 »
212bhp with 270nm torque. Its the torque that you can really feel! And the bonus is it still gives 40mpg on a run!  :laugh:

Have you had that on a RR?

No not yet, but I also drive a A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T (200bhp) and it feels stronger than that on the road. More torquey anyway. May get it rolling roaded in the summer.
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #51 on: 12 January 2009, 21:55 »
Hey, don't forget if it IS a re-mapped car, you can't just insure it normally and pretend "you didn't know".  It'd be your fault not the sellers.  If you have an accident the insurance company WILL find out, and you will have your policy voided.

So do your homework and be sure of what you're buying.

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
  • IS STILL SICK ABOUT CRASHING ME 1.8T AFTER 2 YEARS
« Reply #52 on: 12 January 2009, 21:58 »
Hey, don't forget if it IS a re-mapped car, you can't just insure it normally and pretend "you didn't know".  It'd be your fault not the sellers.  If you have an accident the insurance company WILL find out, and you will have your policy voided.

bobby did u see my car heavly modded and it was remapped and i never told my insure and had the crash so there engineer went out and veiwed it.

but some how they still payed out

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #53 on: 12 January 2009, 21:58 »

bobby did u see my car heavly modded and it was remapped and i never told my insure and had the crash so there engineer went out and veiwed it.

one word - LUCKY!!!  :shocked: :shocked:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #54 on: 12 January 2009, 22:00 »
I hate it when people don't declare things.  What if you hit someone, and it's your fault, but they void your insurance?  Then you have the other party suing you instead to recover costs.

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 12 January 2009, 22:01 »

[/q

one word - LUCKY!!!  :shocked: :shocked:

2 words very lucky   :shocked:

had nothin but worry alover christmas hopin they wud pay out
« Last Edit: 12 January 2009, 22:05 by richw911 »

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 12 January 2009, 22:03 »
I hate it when people don't declare things.  What if you hit someone, and it's your fault, but they void your insurance?  Then you have the other party suing you instead to recover costs.

i only changed my insure 2 wks b4 the crash over the internet and 4got to tell them.

its the first time i have do that so i was clad they payout.

i understand what u r sayin cause i wudnt want it to happen to me.

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #57 on: 12 January 2009, 22:12 »

No not yet, but I also drive a A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T (200bhp) and it feels stronger than that on the road. More torquey anyway. May get it rolling roaded in the summer.

& WHY is that not 249 bhp, yet??!!  :P
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #58 on: 12 January 2009, 22:14 »

& WHY is that not 249 bhp, yet??!!  :P

Very good point!!

* Shouts for Rtech Nick
 This man need another remap for an audi this time  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline HandsyBoy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #59 on: 13 January 2009, 08:22 »

They would pay for the 3rd party involved but the insurers vehicle would be void. This is the case when the individual who imposed the accident has full legitimate insurance with un-declared modifications.
Life is racing, anything else is waiting...
http://www.camper-conversions.co.uk