Author Topic: EXPERT ADVICE NEEDED..HELP PLEASE?  (Read 2357 times)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: EXPERT ADVICE NEEDED..HELP PLEASE?
« Reply #20 on: 12 January 2009, 22:33 »
can u give me the link to the product u actually own.. because i wan to read & reset/clear any faults my car has.

The ebay link will do what you want.

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline djianb

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 12 January 2009, 22:43 »
ive just read with vag com u can change the mileage?? isn't this illegal?, also something about fuel-consume??

VAG-COM shareware download:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/download/ Applications of the VAG-COM:
Read & erase error code, log data e.g., speed, gasoline-consume, engine-rotating (RPM: Rotation Per Minutes)

Offline djianb

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 12 January 2009, 22:44 »
can u give me the link to the product u actually own.. because i wan to read & reset/clear any faults my car has.

which ebay link because there is 2 lol the one u gave me was just the cable n my one was the reader, i may just purchase both 2b safe u no because alot of ppl recomend different things

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #23 on: 12 January 2009, 22:46 »

which ebay link because there is 2 lol the one u gave me was just the cable n my one was the reader, i may just purchase both 2b safe u no because alot of ppl recomend different things

If you think vag com will be too much for you ALL you need is this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBD2-VW-Audi-SEAT-SKODA-VAG-Fault-Code-Reader-Scanner_W0QQitemZ270323282285QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment?hash=item270323282285&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1299|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

It WILL read and clear fault codes!!!!!

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline djianb

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 12 January 2009, 22:47 »
nice 1 bud!!

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #25 on: 13 January 2009, 00:40 »
ive just read with vag com u can change the mileage?? isn't this illegal?, also something about fuel-consume??

VAG-COM shareware download:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/download/ Applications of the VAG-COM:
Read & erase error code, log data e.g., speed, gasoline-consume, engine-rotating (RPM: Rotation Per Minutes)

Only illegal to change the mileage & sell the car on. You could change it down to 000000 as long as you still own the car. It's for if/when you need new clocks & have to put your correct mileage back in. ;)
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline djianb

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 13 January 2009, 09:43 »
oh fair enuff obviously you could change the mileage a little for wen u sell it as long as it coinsides with log book, service history

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #27 on: 13 January 2009, 10:27 »
oh fair enuff obviously you could change the mileage a little for wen u sell it as long as it coinsides with log book, service history

urm NO as thats ILLEGAL!  :angry:  you only change the mileage when fitting new clocks and even then it must be the same mileage as the old clocks