Author Topic: Clutch dead :( Likely cost? Worth upgrading? What exactly needs replacing?  (Read 24440 times)

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
not using the clutch man dave?

Offline The Dave

• I live here
I anna foned him yet dude but if he quotes me happy he can have the work, I'd like him source the bits ideally so can lay 100% blame on him haha but if not then if he is dead cert on the bits I need I'll get them myself.

I'm good mates with the owner of SB Auto's in Burslem and he usually does all my work but I want someone on it who has done LOADS if poss lol.

Offline The Dave

• I live here
Aint done much else with this yet.

Can anyone recommend where to buy BRAND NEW bits from?

The clutch kit (vr6) is a safe bet @ 90 from AVS but what about a flywheel?

Had a quote from my mates mum who works at a small car parts place for 172 quid for conversion kit (flywheel and clutch!) which sounds very cheap and thus I need to go in and ask what make it all is, I don't want cheap sh!t, but I don't want any 2nd hand stuff either (plus I can't find any lol).

So if anyone has sources to try for new flywheels? Ta :)

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
dave you can get the flywheel from the carrardo G60 or the mk3 golf 16v ABF search on ebay or ask at the local scrappy's!

Offline TJJONESVDUB

• Here all the time
  • Give me lip and il tattoo daihatsu to your head!
drive the car to newport south wales i will get it done via volkswagen sinclair for £200 and it only takes cozzy 3 hours. Mine was the 9th one he done and has been working for VW for 15 years and he won fitter of wales last year which is like winning the lottery in VW terms. lol at least u wont u know it will be done correctly.

Offline The Dave

• I live here
I went VW for a laugh earlier.. looking @ like 900 quid! Haha. Flywheel was 155 quid inc vat.

I've booked it in with a local dude called the clutchman as recommended by Ry, he's providing the bits.

G60 flywheel
VR6 clutch
New slave cylinder

£295 all in, so quite happy with that as then I can lay full blame on them lol. I am assuming it'll be using a relatively common valeo conversion kit for that price. My car is only running probably 190BHP tops, should imagine torque will be similar (KO3 with APR stage one map) and all I plan on doing furthermore is new TIP, recirc valve, poss downpipe and sports cat and maybe a catback exhaust so at the very very very best thats prob 200BHP max and similar torque, just better midrange, so should all be fine me hopes :)

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
when's it booked in dave?

Offline The Dave

• I live here
Works always in the way so Monday the 8th March as early as I can so I can get it back quicker lol.

I've got my MOT booked in too for next thursday... I bloody hope it passes! Never had spend anywhere near this much on my old Corsa haha.

I would love a ko3s and more power but I just don't think it's even worth thinking about this year with the way cash is going :(

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
i hate MOT time lol, if you do manage to source a ko3s then i'd fit it with you if you wanted to as its a really easy to do :lipsrsealed:

Offline The Dave

• I live here
If the car behaves for the rest of this year, it's definitely something I'd be looking into early next year, that and an r-tech remap and see how it does :) Be nice to have 220ish BHP, should imagine it'd be a lot quicker! But I'm too skint for it this year, missus banging on about holidays and all that crap nevermind my hours being dodgy at work lol.