Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2766992 times)

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9310 on: 19 March 2019, 18:27 »
Got my ambient lighting finally so footwell and doors are independent

Offline GTi Andy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9311 on: 19 March 2019, 18:37 »
Got my ambient lighting finally so footwell and doors are independent

How is this done?

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #9312 on: 19 March 2019, 21:46 »
Have you done the colour mod?

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #9313 on: 20 March 2019, 20:17 »
Changed out the spark plugs on my GTi. Jesus the coil packs were absolutely a ballache to remove. The rubber boots were absolutely welded onto the ceramic part of the plugs. I found a useful trick online using cable ties which helped coupled with brute force. For anyone wondering I used Bosch Double Platinum plugs.
I also placed the tiniest amount of anti seize on the inside of the rubber boot to hopefully ease my pain when doing the job next time.
Also fitted 4 new Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5’s. Just a 100km in so far but they feel really good so far.
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #9314 on: 20 March 2019, 20:53 »
Just a 100km in so far but they feel really good so far.

Just a trip to the shops and back then :grin:

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #9315 on: 20 March 2019, 23:23 »
Just a 100km in so far but they feel really good so far.

Just a trip to the shops and back then :grin:

Ha ha ya one trip to work. 100km each way !! :wink:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #9316 on: 21 March 2019, 07:44 »
polished out (successfully) a long scratch that someone had left down the nearside of the car covering both doors (likely a catch or buckle or something). Luckily it wasn't that deep and my rotary with some Megs ultimate compound sorted it. Still annoying all the same but could have been much worse.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9317 on: 21 March 2019, 08:10 »
Repainted the wheel hubs and edge of the brake disc. Dubshed coming up in a few weeks and trying to get a few odd jobs tidied up.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9318 on: 21 March 2019, 19:35 »
Stripped out the rear seats and side panels (3 door) in preparation for to PDR a small dent on both rear quarter panels. Just got to drill out the rivets to get the inner skin off and we're good to go.

Strictly speaking they would both need spraying (as there is a paint chip on both) but PDR the panel flat and touch up will have to do. I'd pull them from the outside but the paint damage makes the risk of pulling the paint instead of the dent much higher, so I'll give it a go from the inside.

If it did get painted, they'd need to do over half the car which I don't really want to do.

The exhaust (Milltek) is not as loud as I thought it would be - I guess the boot lining still having the carpet over it helps but there is loads of road noise from the rear arches now. It also feels more than a touch quicker than before. Praise the gods of weight reduction!

I presume it’s the same for both 3 and 5 doors , (not sure about 7.5’s, don’t see why not)but did you know there is a sizeable grommet behind the wheel arch liner at about 2 o’clock,that can be removed for PDR, allows access to most of the 1/4 panel.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #302

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9319 on: 21 March 2019, 20:32 »
Took the winter tyres off. But it wasn't a straightforward job as I damaged the locking wheel socket second wheel into the job - so if you saw a black GTI driving to Wakefield VW with odd wheels, that was me! :grin:

Seen this beast whilst I was there too. It had a fancy aftermarket touchscreen with a front camera in the VW emblem. Looked an absolute beast.

upload

« Last Edit: 22 March 2019, 11:10 by Ryan90GTI »