Author Topic: The DVLA Information Thread  (Read 132041 times)

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
Re: The DVLA Information Thread
« Reply #80 on: 02 December 2010, 22:05 »
I bought a donor car, used what I needed and let pikeys take the shell to scrap. They weren't interested in the logbook, but its a new style red one and theres no "scrapped" box to tick. I have no name or address for them. I still have the full logbook but I'm unsure what to do about this....

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #81 on: 02 December 2010, 22:07 »
send it to DVLA and tell them it was sold without logbook..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #82 on: 02 December 2010, 22:10 »
so just sign my part and send a covering letter?

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #83 on: 02 December 2010, 22:15 »
i would sign your part yes and then send it off with cover letter.. as if the car for some reason is put back on the road and used in crime yours is the door the police first knock on..

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #84 on: 02 December 2010, 22:19 »
I think that would take a while, it was a BARE shell  :grin:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #85 on: 02 December 2010, 22:25 »
doesn't mean nothin mate seriously ive seen it be done before..

Offline *tell*

• I live here
« Reply #86 on: 11 July 2012, 18:20 »
a strange one girlfriend's grandad has a vintage bike with a "cycle master" (motor on the rear wheel). the bike has a tax disc from 1952  :shocked: . she would like to transfer the plate over can this be done?

thanks terry

Offline MereKat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #87 on: 18 December 2012, 14:07 »
Ok, so i had a Renault Megane that was scraped in June/July, Log book was sent off, and thought that was it. Yesterday i had a letter from a collector/bailiff saying i owed them £80 fee's for not taxing my car in August!? I did get a tax reminder, but it was a week or 2 after the guy took the car, so figured the V5 hadn't been processed in time for the reminder. As the V5 has obviously gone astray somewhere, what can i do!? Can't remember who took the car, just that it was a phone number in the local paper 6 months ago! (His details were put on the V5...i didn't get a receipt or anything for it, just cash), and the pics my Mrs took of it being put on the back of his recovery truck doesn't show a reg clear enough to see (She does it for every car i scrap, only to wind me up as i hate doing it!)

Am i a bit stuck, or can i do something without proof? Car before that that was scraped i wrote to DVLA as i couldn't find the log book, but that was the day it went and did get a receipt for it...

Offline bignuts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #88 on: 26 January 2013, 12:34 »
need some advice please just noticed my photo card for my driving licence run out 2 years ago I didn't even know they had a renewal date  on them what should I do

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #89 on: 26 January 2013, 13:05 »
Apply for a new one.  :wink:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |