Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374493 times)

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead - Cam Belt Fitted (p115)
« Reply #1160 on: 11 April 2011, 18:39 »
Keep me posted Shaun  :wink:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1161 on: 11 April 2011, 21:15 »
Mk1 K Jet does not have a ISV from memory, could be a sticking warm up reg.

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #1162 on: 12 April 2011, 09:32 »

Correct.......ISV not fitted on mk1 kjet. Came later on the mk2 digifants I think but certainly later than mk1. Also think the mk2 16V's have the ISV.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1163 on: 12 April 2011, 09:33 »

Correct.......ISV not fitted on mk1 kjet. Came later on the mk2 digifants I think but certainly later than mk1. Also think the mk2 16V's have the ISV.

Yes the mk2 16V has a ISV plus as you said later Digi's

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #1164 on: 12 April 2011, 09:35 »
Just a thought, I had a similar problem with mine when I first started using it and it turned out to be that 'Y' shaped piece of tubing in the vacuum line.....to the left of the engine bay as you stand in front looking at it, if memory serves me correctly. It had slid apart and just needed pushing back in and then retuning.........as I had tuned it with a vacuum leak from said 'Y' connector.

Worth a look :undecided:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1165 on: 14 April 2011, 00:57 »
Thanks guys....

Rich, I did check all the VAC's and I know where you mean but alas, they are all fine, if I pull a VAC out from anywhere the idle drops considerably which suggests that it's fine when all connected.

I think the problem is here

The warm up reg changes fuel pressure as the engine heats up.  I suspect it's not working and therefore over fuelling once warm.  Fook knows where to start but will check the basics at the weekend, power etc.... any other suggestions welcome.  :cool:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1166 on: 14 April 2011, 08:56 »

The warm up reg changes fuel pressure as the engine heats up.  I suspect it's not working and therefore over fuelling once warm.  Fook knows where to start but will check the basics at the weekend, power etc.... any other suggestions welcome.  :cool:

I think you have found the problem, check for power as a 1st step but you might be better to get the pressures tested to see if it is causing problems.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1167 on: 19 April 2011, 11:04 »
Little update...

Missed out on two, cheap warm up regulators over the weekend. tested mine, there is power to it but it seems it's just not working.

Raised the car back up by 10mm and now it's totally drivable .  Before it was scrubbing up front when cornering. which is no good to me as it's a driver not a show pony.

More bad news, lost one of my A Pillar Trim/Wind Deflectors over the weekend.  :cry:

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #1168 on: 19 April 2011, 22:03 »
Little update...

Missed out on two, cheap warm up regulators over the weekend. tested mine, there is power to it but it seems it's just not working.

Raised the car back up by 10mm and now it's totally drivable .  Before it was scrubbing up front when cornering. which is no good to me as it's a driver not a show pony.

More bad news, lost one of my A Pillar Trim/Wind Deflectors over the weekend.  :cry:

Here here for not having a show pony. Bummer about your A pillar trim, obviously the car felt is was surplus to requirements and is trying to save weight...

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1169 on: 19 April 2011, 22:22 »

Here here for not having a show pony. Bummer about your A pillar trim, obviously the car felt is was surplus to requirements and is trying to save weight...

:grin: :grin: