Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374457 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.

I sure did, but was all worth it! Will be keeping an eye on it from now on!

Makes me want to sell my mk4 and buy mk1 or mk2 :laugh:

All I can say to that is....... DO IT!  :smiley:

OMG, I didn't see the first half of this thread.

Can you say inspiration!  :shocked:

Hamerite, relays and conduit tomorrow for mine.

Top work mate, really shows!
Thanks, much appreciated.. glad you saw the first half of it now....  Still got a little way to go..

how long did you spend on yours today shaun?  :smug:

me? 6 hours. plus 6 hours yesterday  :cool: :tongue:

Errrrm, nothing.  I've been away!.. i've done feck all for nearly 2 weeks.  :sad:

Gone very quiet all of a sudden........damned darker, colder nights :angry:
I've been looking forward to your regular updates :wink:

Yeah it's a bit cr@p at the moment but my mate found a last minute deal to morocco that was cheap as chips so we had his birthday there!

Nice save! I remember that sad day. I was gutted for you. Coming along nicely though.

Thanks mate.... yeah i forget who was around then... was a loooong time ago. 

did you slap her?  :grin:

Slap who?

Updates?  :huh:

I know I know but as above... been away... will get back on to it ASAP!
« Last Edit: 17 November 2010, 13:57 by SoundillusioN »

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
I love updates about your Mk1, haven't been expecting much due to weather conditions as well  :sad:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
I love updates about your Mk1, haven't been expecting much due to weather conditions as well  :sad:
  THats good to know!.... i love giving updates as I know i have done something productive then!.... lost the enthusiasm at the momement with the weather and all..... got leccy man coming to power up my shed this weekend so that might help me get on with stuff again!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Looking forward to the next update bud, such a f**king awesome car, great work!!!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Looking forward to the next update bud, such a f**king awesome car, great work!!!
Thanks mate, means a lot..... just wish i had the cash for a respray like yours!!!!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Thanks mate, means a lot..... just wish i had the cash for a respray like yours!!!!

No worries bud, I know what its like to battle on a car and thinking about giving up and all that. Lots of respect for the hardwork! Things like this don't get recognised enough IMO.

I hoping to finish off my respray soon, still haven't flatted it back and polished it :D Need to grow some balls before I touch it with wet and dry!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero

No worries bud, I know what its like to battle on a car and thinking about giving up and all that. Lots of respect for the hardwork! Things like this don't get recognised enough IMO.

I hoping to finish off my respray soon, still haven't flatted it back and polished it :D Need to grow some balls before I touch it with wet and dry!

I think you're right but i'm not too fussed with how much attention it gets even though its pretty much the only active MK1 build on here!  For now i've given up posting on the MK1 owners site, hardly anybody says a thing, don't think I fit in not being a standard campaign and all but it never was and was never meant to be....

I forgot you had to do that!...  Yeah must be pretty scary with paint like that... I dont have to worry about that just yet!... my paint is a temp job anyway, bit like yours originally was.

Offline clipperjay

• I live here

I think you're right but i'm not too fussed with how much attention it gets even though its pretty much the only active MK1 build on here!  For now i've given up posting on the MK1 owners site, hardly anybody says a thing, don't think I fit in not being a standard campaign and all but it never was and was never meant to be....

I forgot you had to do that!...  Yeah must be pretty scary with paint like that... I dont have to worry about that just yet!... my paint is a temp job anyway, bit like yours originally was.

Shaun don't worry about purists they can keep polishing there over priced Gti's and do nothing you have save it and in our books that counts for far more than the dairy queens!
Same here two weeks of doing sod all its just too cold and can't spray anything  :sad:
Jay

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Shaun don't worry about purists they can keep polishing there over priced Gti's and do nothing you have save it and in our books that counts for far more than the dairy queens!
Same here two weeks of doing sod all its just too cold and can't spray anything  :sad:
Jay

I'm not worried...  I'm just very grateful towards those who were around when it all went so wrong and to those that have helped me since... And of course I can't forget the people who post support here and kick my butt from time to time.  :grin:

I thought you were going to look into using a unit up the road from you or something?...... I'm looking forward to this weekend as I am getting power in my shed but the down side is it will not help my unfinished painting....  the rest of the car is going to have to wait now but would really like to finish the kit at least before I take it for an MOT.

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Yeah I was it still going to cost me money though paint mixing and the drink to use his booth?
The issues is I don't like doing something until I know I can see it through LOL.
I did find an old mate who might do a few things for me, seeing him today so biding my time.