Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374685 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Done a bit more)
« Reply #380 on: 27 October 2010, 00:30 »
yeah i know!!!... ive managed to get a whole day off so guess what i'll be doing........... thats right......... w**king on her all day.....

............working :rolleyes:

In the meantime I made an MS Paint special just for you!  :grin:

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #381 on: 27 October 2010, 12:00 »
just had a good catch up. keep it up!

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #382 on: 27 October 2010, 16:21 »
 :shocked: :shocked: Should that not be number 1 not number 8?

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #383 on: 27 October 2010, 18:19 »
paint it like the a-team van  :grin:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #384 on: 27 October 2010, 22:57 »
god this not done yet! :lipsrsealed: only joking :grin:, feel i should be making the most of the average weather aswell before it turns real nasty!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #385 on: 27 October 2010, 23:20 »
just had a good catch up. keep it up!

Trying to, just about to post up todays efforts..

:shocked: :shocked: Should that not be number 1 not number 8?

Probably but its always had 8 ball pool balls hanging off the mirror so ive always assosiated number 8 with it....

paint it like the a-team van  :grin:

exactly what i thought... might just do it, MK1 Team.....  tempted to at least do the side trim red when the car is satin.

god this not done yet! :lipsrsealed: only joking :grin:, feel i should be making the most of the average weather aswell before it turns real nasty!

Ha, you can't talk  :grin:  yeah you should, its going to be dark forever too after this weekend!  :sad:

« Last Edit: 28 October 2010, 01:34 by SoundillusioN »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Bonnet & Heat Wrap)
« Reply #386 on: 27 October 2010, 23:57 »
OK, so i had a bit of lie in today and wasted some good weather... work has been killing me though so it was well needed!

quite a few bits I've ordered have turned up over the past few weeks, not put them up on here as I thought it would be better doing that when i'm actually doing something with them.

Got some heat wrap and some stainless straps.  The main steering rack boot is too close to the four branch, not normally a problem with a standard one but the supersprint is melting the boot.

I had to double the straps up as they weren't long enough for the big old boot.  Not an easy place to work but managed to do it from underneath while the car is still raised.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #387 on: 27 October 2010, 23:58 »
Bought an old bonnet from AdamMK2 from here a couple of months ago now, its a bit beaten up but in better condition than the temp one I had on...the underside of this one is pretty damn rusty so i may have to get a better one next year,  he also chucked in a front bumper but in the end it was in too bad a state for me to use and had a clip missing.  not complaining though as he only wanted £25 for both.

Its blistered like this all across the front and loads on the top so some heavy sanding in places required.

I'm going to leave the underside post MOT

Keyed the whole lot and went heavy where needed... looks like its just caught measels!

Zinc primer on the worst bits followed by normal grey over the lot.. no pics of that... doh

Few coats of Satin black... about one and half litres for now.. i know theres dents to sort so this is not the finished job

Pictures make it look better than it is.. probably the worst painting from cans i've ever done!  but at least its black for now!

got some of these, thought they'd be an easy 5 minute job but had trouble getting the struts on the ball joints and bashed the feck out of my thumb trying to get them on.. managed one and gave up as i was running out of time and not really essential right now!

Fitted up the bonnet in the normal fashion instead

Catch is different so doesnt shut, need to swap them over
« Last Edit: 28 October 2010, 00:03 by SoundillusioN »

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Bonnet & Heat Wrap p39)
« Reply #388 on: 28 October 2010, 09:46 »
Good progress here Shaun, keep up the good work! :afro:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Bonnet & Heat Wrap p39)
« Reply #389 on: 28 October 2010, 09:52 »
Its comming along there mate. Just what I needed to read to motivate me to go spray my boot up.