Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374464 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (Mahoosive Update Time)
« Reply #260 on: 11 September 2010, 20:28 »
Good work mate  :smiley:

Can you not get yourself a cheap gazebo or something just to shield ya a little bit? Feel your pain though - I'm praying for good weather tomorrow  :lipsrsealed:
Cheers, ha ha yeah, if you look earlier in the thread when i was rewiring i had one!.. was up for a few weeks and the weather got better, had fixed any leaks in the car plus the missus started getting annoyed with it making the place look untidy!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #261 on: 12 September 2010, 20:13 »
Guess what I had to do again today!!!!!!!  :angry:  Rain had fooked it, pits in the paint from water droplets and the paint had gone gooey!

Also smoothed out the dents and inperfections in the new wing ready for painting...

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #262 on: 13 September 2010, 12:55 »
Nice work on the wing.......very time consuming. What do you use to treat the corrosion?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #263 on: 13 September 2010, 14:21 »
Nice work on the wing.......very time consuming. What do you use to treat the corrosion?

What only good work on the wing!  :laugh:

I use this in the green gel form, have done for years now with no bad after effects as long as its done properly.

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #264 on: 13 September 2010, 14:39 »

Of course not :shocked: You're doing very well with the whole car. I can't wait to see this in the flesh once again :smiley:

The forecast was dry for last night so I took the mk1 into work. So different to driving the TDI.......and a lot more fun dare I say. Driving back this morning in the dark I noticed that only one of the dials lights seems to be working on the rev counter side! Couldn't see the speedometer at all :undecided:
Also, its not often I drive it with the hood up and noticed that the rear LH speaker isn't working! It's usually covered by the hood so I don't hear it!

« Last Edit: 13 September 2010, 15:36 by richandhazel »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #265 on: 13 September 2010, 14:44 »
Quote Fail?  :rolleyes:

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #266 on: 13 September 2010, 15:37 »
Quote unfailed :wink:

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #267 on: 13 September 2010, 20:26 »

I use this in the green gel form, have done for years now with no bad after effects as long as its done properly.

Keep working it in every twenty mins for three hours, if it's not worked then repeat :rolleyes: was using this the other day I hate it.

Mk1 is looking good though.

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #268 on: 13 September 2010, 22:39 »
Of course not :shocked: You're doing very well with the whole car. I can't wait to see this in the flesh once again :smiley:

The forecast was dry for last night so I took the mk1 into work. So different to driving the TDI.......and a lot more fun dare I say. Driving back this morning in the dark I noticed that only one of the dials lights seems to be working on the rev counter side! Couldn't see the speedometer at all :undecided:
Also, its not often I drive it with the hood up and noticed that the rear LH speaker isn't working! It's usually covered by the hood so I don't hear it!
Thanks, I was only kidding.. I cant wait till its showable.. never got the chance when it was mint, didnt you see it 3 quarters polished to death and one corner dead on the back of a truck?  :sad:  i should have kept my white one!  You guys were great though, shame i havent seen anybody since, that should change next summer! fingers crossed..

ah it will only be a bulb, get yourself some 509t LEDs and you wont have to worry about it again.  :smiley:  ha ha.. i'm guessing your rear speakers are cut into the shelf then...  ever thought about putting them in a spare set of rear cards?

Keep working it in every twenty mins for three hours, if it's not worked then repeat :rolleyes: was using this the other day I hate it.

Mk1 is looking good though.
Yeah its a bit methodical but have found it reliable, although i have made the mistake of forgetting about it and it turns into that brown crud thats as hard to get off as rust is!.... do you recommend something better?

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #269 on: 13 September 2010, 22:50 »
Are the 509t LED's a straight swap? i.e do they fit into the original receptacles?