Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 376708 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
I can't see the pictures as im at work at the moment but I have a genuine Vag 4 lamp grill and I want a single if you want to swap just the inner part? I got hit by a deer and it smashed my single up so I had to throw this twin on for now.  What grill are you running atm mate?
Gutted, mines all bust up hence i need another.  does yours look like mine... looking for 5 bar style, think its the later cabby style.... if you find one you want, what would you want for yours?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
That a bloody good effort! The whole lot going matt?
Thanks.... yeah this was just a test to see how well it went, i'm happy with it... yep gonna do whole car when ive finished the mechanics!

Offline Lee_dub

• Here all the time
Ah no mate mines a standard tintop gti 4 lamper.  I want a 2 lamp jobbie :-(

Shame as we could of saved ourselfs a few quid there!
Black mk1 2.0 16V - woop

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Ah no mate mines a standard tin top gti 4 lamper.  I want a 2 lamp jobbie :-(

Shame as we could of saved ourselfs a few quid there!
yeah i know... is a shame, thanks for the idea though.. its hard to find what you want unless its a cheap looking debadged jobbie which i don't want!  Only just found what i'm after on the bay and its not far so hope i win it!  are you looking for a single lamp of the same style you have?

Offline Lee_dub

• Here all the time
yes mate literally just a 2 lamp badged standard grill.

Oh btw your painting skills look good! why are you spraying it matt black? just cos you can't afford the the proper job yet? 

I need to do my bonnet and wing but it will end up looking gash  :sick:  Ill have to pay for a proper spray
Black mk1 2.0 16V - woop

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
yes mate literally just a 2 lamp badged standard grill.

Oh btw your painting skills look good! why are you spraying it matt black? just cos you can't afford the the proper job yet? 

I need to do my bonnet and wing but it will end up looking gash  :sick:  Ill have to pay for a proper spray
Its satin!!!  :laugh: Thanks.... yep money is something I havent got to spend on this  :sad: the paint was mint once but bad storage took its toll and with new panels too I had no choice... Good thing though is at the same time i am getting rid of every little ding and scuff she has so hopefully will be staight as feck when finished.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Sorted a couple of things out:

Managed to get to the bottom of my last gauge that wasnt working (water temp).. wrong sender connected! So now bar wiring up the front lights the full rewire has worked!.. Think my MFA is toast though.  :sad: Thanks again to those that helped when i got stuck especially rubjonny.. I owe you beers at least!  :smiley:

Think i've got myself a tidy bonnet to pick up soon and a front bumper, found the grille i want on the bay too so hopefully i'll win that!... Just need an N/S wing.

getting there..................  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 25 June 2010, 01:50 by SoundillusioN »

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Drove the cab into work tonight :cool: I haven't enjoyed sitting in the traffic on the M25 so much for ages!
Now looking forward to the drive home after the nightshift :smiley:

Makes it all worthwhile...............Happy days.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Drove the cab into work tonight :cool: I haven't enjoyed sitting in the traffic on the M25 so much for ages!
Now looking forward to the drive home after the nightshift :smiley:

Makes it all worthwhile...............Happy days.
Sooooo jelous, i wanna get stuck in traffic in mine..... well maybe not because all its got is a sunroof but anywhere would be better than my front drive!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead (couple of pics)
« Reply #149 on: 26 June 2010, 21:51 »
little update, fitted a new thermostat, found out what was wrong with the previous one, it was made in france!  wire brushed sill seams and re-painted, gave her a good clean and took some piccies how she as the mo with new rad etc....

« Last Edit: 26 June 2010, 21:53 by SoundillusioN »