Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 377026 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: SoundillusioN - MK1 Black From The Dead
« Reply #70 on: 09 May 2010, 21:13 »
managed to get a couple of hours in today... Installed dash looms and fuse box properly now, refitted the dash, instruments and heater controls etc... i'm slightly concerned as my MFA doesnt work, only shows time.  Also my fuel and temp gauges still read max with ignition onl!... i have no spare earths left so really stumped now as to whats up!  I'm starting to wonder if the clocks are fecked!..  :sad: :undecided: :sad:

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #71 on: 09 May 2010, 21:25 »
i remember this getting crashed just after i joined here! good to see its getting sorted, its a nice mk1

3 spokes are part of wheel history that should be forgotten  :grin: along with venoms and blades etc

a set of zender 5 spokes would be in keeping with the bodykit?

nowt wrong with venoms!! they will be scene one day, watch this space!

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:

oh and 3 spokes suit it!

« Last Edit: 09 May 2010, 21:47 by cняis »

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #72 on: 10 May 2010, 10:13 »
i remember this getting crashed just after i joined here! good to see its getting sorted, its a nice mk1

3 spokes are part of wheel history that should be forgotten  :grin: along with venoms and blades etc

a set of zender 5 spokes would be in keeping with the bodykit?

nowt wrong with venoms!! they will be scene one day, watch this space!

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:

oh and 3 spokes suit it!

Massive Pic!... I think I agree with the venoms, they are pretty timeless but dont suit all cars. the rest can go though... quite a few peeps are saying the 3s suit my car.... at one stage i was going to keep em and get them done in black.... but alas they are being replaced with something more fitting.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #73 on: 10 May 2010, 20:50 »
OK, so i have managed to fit another couple of hours in..  :smiley: Wired up the engine bay, no dramas and i think i may have sorted out the constantly maxed out temp gauge, no rad fitted so cant get a reading but warning light goes out now and gauge stays low.  Fuel gauge still reads max and I still have no MFA!  :sad:

After all the jip ive had with wheels, crash on route to get some,  failed buy on ebay, tony_ack has made my week.  Since some w*nk stain helped ruin his ride he's been having a clear out.  He had a set of RAs with black centers up for graps... Sold them to me.. better still he's passing my way on sunday so can drop them off!!!! what a star.  :cool:

Random shot from last night of the old girl in her make shift car port!

« Last Edit: 12 May 2010, 00:31 by SoundillusioN »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #74 on: 11 May 2010, 22:51 »
Started stripping down the front end to see whats what. I noticed a while back there was no movement in the front suspension untill  today when i jacked it up, sounded aweful, think the shocks are fecked.  Took some of the body kit off the front end and expected to see rust on the arches but there was none!

same story on the inner wings but then i knew that they had been well sealed from birth. not waxoyl, its that yellow/white stuff???  theres never been any plastic inner arch guards, they were removed early on in life, not sure why.  I intend to clean this all up and do it all black over the next couple of days.

Quick shot of the repaired side... Comparing both sides in person its impossible to tell there was any damage in the first place.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #75 on: 12 May 2010, 00:00 »
Did mk1's ever have arch liners

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 12 May 2010, 00:03 »
Im tired so its rough, but might give you the sort of rough idea of what they would look like?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #77 on: 12 May 2010, 00:19 »
Did mk1's ever have arch liners
ive had a mk1 with liners before... i can also see clips on the inner wing where there could have been some once. theres also been people on the mk1 owners site who have had to remove them because their car was too low for them.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2010, 00:29 by SoundillusioN »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #78 on: 12 May 2010, 00:23 »
Im tired so its rough, but might give you the sort of rough idea of what they would look like?

Dammmmmnnnn!  :cool:

they look bling bling.... sure this was waynes idea. nice job.... i have just bought some black centered ones which i will be getting on sunday.... might have to get another set one day so i can have gold ones too!... surprised you chose that pic with it not being a full side shot, respect to you sir.  :smiley:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #79 on: 12 May 2010, 00:38 »
Couldnt really be bothered to find a side on pic of some Gold RM's, and the ones I used were on the first page so I just flipped them around and then played around with them so the centres were in the centre a bit more lol

Could do better if you wish tomorrow :)

Done a few for VR6 Joe on here a while ago :)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2693/4172496541_0931d0d969.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2612/4173281678_4ef05a0442.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2507/4174870870_9f434356fc.jpg

Drop me a PM if you do want anything else :)