Author Topic: We Connect  (Read 6503 times)

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
Re: We Connect
« Reply #10 on: 17 March 2020, 16:17 »
Update - picked my GTI up today. As the We Connect app indicated the other day it had done 64 and by today it had done 79 miles. I did tell them I was not best pleased but other than saying sometimes some of the cars do you have a bigger delivery mileage on them I got nowhere. However I was feeling crappy and in the current climate I just want to get the car and drive home.
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 18 March 2020, 14:57 »
Update - picked my GTI up today. As the We Connect app indicated the other day it had done 64 and by today it had done 79 miles. I did tell them I was not best pleased but other than saying sometimes some of the cars do you have a bigger delivery mileage on them I got nowhere. However I was feeling crappy and in the current climate I just want to get the car and drive home.

Car looks great!

80 miles though, could have been used for all sorts  :shocked:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 18 March 2020, 16:14 »
I once bought a new Mazda RX/8 which was delivered with 85 miles on the clock. I knew it was being delivered from another dealership about ‘40 miles away’,  but the other 45 miles were somewhat unaccounted for. This was in the days before connected apps and big brother type monitoring!

85 miles??? I hope they topped up the oil  :grin:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #13 on: 18 March 2020, 16:33 »
I once bought a new Mazda RX/8 which was delivered with 85 miles on the clock. I knew it was being delivered from another dealership about ‘40 miles away’,  but the other 45 miles were somewhat unaccounted for. This was in the days before connected apps and big brother type monitoring!

On an RX8 thats 20% distance towards an engine rebuild  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline skippy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 18 March 2020, 16:53 »

On an RX8 thats 20% distance towards an engine rebuild  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Haha, yeah! Those engines were not renown for their longevity, but I sold it with only 11K on the clock and bought the Scirocco.

MK7.5 2020, Isaac Blue, standard spec

Gone but certainly not forgotten Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TSI

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 18 March 2020, 18:04 »
I’d send an email to the dealer principal stating the mileage at collection and the evidence you took from the app that the car was in use by an employee prior to collection. It’s simply not acceptable to use a customers brand new car as a pool car prior to collection.

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 18 March 2020, 21:08 »
I’d send an email to the dealer principal stating the mileage at collection and the evidence you took from the app that the car was in use by an employee prior to collection. It’s simply not acceptable to use a customers brand new car as a pool car prior to collection.

polite but to the point email now sent
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 26 March 2020, 22:08 »
As I have plenty of time now to fiddle about, I have so far registered with the VW ID process for remote locking/unlocking, updated maps, added speed cameras and added radio logos! Just cant really use/drive it much at the moment.

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
Re: We Connect & Delivery Mileage
« Reply #18 on: 27 April 2020, 16:55 »

some of you may recall my earlier post regarding my delivery mileage - below is the reply I received from the managing director

"Many thanks for your email and I hope you are keeping well in these strange times.

As you can imagine my ability to fully investigate your email is restricted as many of my staff are on furlough , as is the case with Volkswagen headquarters staff.

What I can ascertain is that the vehicle arrived with us with 60+ miles on the clock and whilst what I am about to say is assumption , the vehicle did take longer than usual to arrive  at Emden from the factory which may mean that it was a car pulled out of it’s slot for secondary quality control. I can assure you the vehicle was not used by my staff as a pool car or anything similar , we have plenty of cars in our own stock so no requirement there. We did carry out the manufacturer required PDI which requires a test drive but that is no more than 10 miles and I can only account for the additional few miles being moved from our group storage compound to site.

I hope the above gives you some reassurance and I wish you happy motoring and stay safe."

Although I am a little frustrated still, I don't really know what more I can do and the car seems ok (the most important thing) and I guess life is too short to keep pursuing it!

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2020, 20:46 »
In other words... “I’m going to use a lot of words but not say anything, so hopefully you feel comforted by the effort I’ve put into this non-reply that doesn’t help.”

This is one of those moments where you just have to be frustrated, moan, then move on I guess.