Author Topic: This is what Professional Detailing can actually achieve  (Read 11558 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: This is what Professional Detailing can actually achieve
« Reply #20 on: 05 January 2017, 17:48 »
I've come to realise recently that the use of any kind of banter or light hearted piss taking is completely wasted on this forum.
Everything is taken literally and appears to offend people :sad:

Not everyone is going to understand or want to partake in a bit of banter. I'd agree though that the forum in general seems more sober these days. Problem is with all these owners of dull grey cars - reflects their personalities :whistle: :wink: :smiley: :grin: :laugh: (thought that lot should cover it but just in case, I'm emigrating and not saying where, so  :tongue:).
I think there should be a weeks ban from the forum for excessive use of emoji  :smiley: :sad: :wink: :angry: :cool: :cry: :grin: :huh: :kiss: :kiss: :lipsrsealed: :evil: :undecided: :sick: :whistle:

Your wish.......

You are hereby banned from the detailing section for 1 week for excessive use of emoji. And for not mixing them up out of sequence, that's just plain laziness. :laugh: :grin:

Joking of course.  I think a bit of lighthearted banter is a must on forums to stop people disappearing up their own proverbials.  But I guess even with the odd emoji thrown in it can sometimes get lost in translation on the internet, and some people seem to frown on it completely. :undecided:
« Last Edit: 05 January 2017, 17:50 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 09 April 2017, 11:06 »
From 21st December until March 14th I never touched it except to clean the wing mirrors.

15th March I had the car cleaned again! 
Tim at Envy Detailing said it was the dirtiest car he had ever cleaned  :whistle:

It was simply amazing to watch the snow foam slide off the bodywork revealing a bright clean suface beneath, the wonders of modern products eh?

Mind you after 3months on offroad tracks and puddles since its last clean I was very pleased it came up so well, Tim had assurred me it would but you've always got your doubts.
Tim also pointed out a couple of scrapes caused by me pushing past sticky-out twigs but they were so slight if he hadn't shown me I would never have known they were there.

It looked a real picture until the last rain which dumped dust and blots all over which look dreadful in our recent sunshine   :cry:

So when time allows its back to Gosport and another cup of coffee  :smiley:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 09 April 2017, 15:09 »
From 21st December until March 14th I never touched it except to clean the wing mirrors.

Tim at Envy Detailing said it was the dirtiest car he had ever cleaned  :whistle:

It was simply amazing to watch the snow foam slide off the bodywork revealing a bright clean suface beneath, the wonders of modern products eh?

Mind you after 3months on offroad tracks and puddles since its last clean I was very pleased it came up so well, Tim had assurred me it would but you've always got your doubts.
Tim also pointed out a couple of scrapes caused by me pushing past sticky-out twigs but they were so slight if he hadn't shown me I would never have known they were there.

It looked a real picture until the last rain which dumped dust and blots all over which look dreadful in our recent sunshine   :cry:

Sounds a great setup for you. Glad you found a good detailer.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Margy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 09 April 2017, 15:50 »

I've got a mate who only lets Tim at Envy near his car for detailing! Top man by all accounts!
Tornado red PP, Santiagos, DCC, winter pack.

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 13 April 2017, 17:35 »

I've got a mate who only lets Tim at Envy near his car for detailing! Top man by all accounts!

Couldnt agree more!
Im not a car cleaner, usually it was once a year or even less with all my other cars.
Advice on here guided me to Tim and he had it untouched by human hand direct from the dealers.
Now, like your friend, he is the only person who touches it.
Top man indeed.

:smiley: