Author Topic: which components (Tweeters) fit??  (Read 1170 times)

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
which components (Tweeters) fit??
« on: 22 May 2007, 19:01 »
I want (CHEAP!!) set of components for my '90 valver.

The mids all seem to fit, but the tweeters all look like they come to surface mount to somewhere??

I used to have a set of MAC audio that fit exactly into the factory dash position - are there any other makes/websites that I can have a look at?

cheers

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
Re: which components (Tweeters) fit??
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2007, 19:36 »
I may just go with co-axials in the doors, don't know If I can be ar$ed to wire up the crossovers and stuff!

Offline tommk3cab

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2007, 22:24 »
with a decent set of dash spks and decent door spks you may not need a proper componant set with tweeters, all depends how much clarity you want and maybe more importantly how much, if any, subb-age you have, or want.

what size componants were you looking at getting? doors or dash?

this is a mint place to put tweeters with good instructions how to do it too, if you decided you wanted some......

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=159311

( it looks quality, when its finished, but you need to get tweeters with cups really.)

« Last Edit: 22 May 2007, 22:29 by tommk3cab »

Offline andydavey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2007, 23:07 »
I made some really simple builds to house my tweeters in the stock dash speaker location - couple of bits of 6mm MDF cut to the shape of the "hollow" bit of the dash speaker covers, with a hole for the tweeter cup cut into the centre (above the hole for the dash speaker), sprayed black and screwed into the original mounting holes. They can be covered by the origianal grills so look nice and stealthy and give a nice high soundstage.

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2007, 19:51 »
could't be are$d in the end bought a set of vibe slick 50s to go in the door pockets, they have got to an improvement on 15yr old factory ones!!

Offline tommk3cab

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2007, 13:41 »
yeah my door speakers are vibe, and one of my subs, and i had the square 6x9s too in my other car. The backcones on them are excellent just dont expect the tweeters to last all that long. vibe make good subs and amps, but in my experience they cant get tweeters right at all.