Author Topic: Seanls Corrado VR6  (Read 37314 times)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: Seanls Corrado VR6
« Reply #40 on: 08 January 2015, 10:09 »
Ok this IS the last one of the year. Tested and taxed today, so a couple of months of happy motoring ahead.  Have a few advisories to contend with, but nothing too serious thankfully.   :cool:

Only you could rebuild a car and still get advisories!!  :laugh: :grin: :grin:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 08 January 2015, 19:59 »
Alright mouth! It was running gear, which I've not done..................yet!

Advisories were track rod ends, a ball joint, and an engine mount loose, but still secure.   :rolleyes:

Mount nipped up, track rod ends and ball joints purchased, along with arb bushes and drop links. I didn't notice the ball joint, but the track rod ends are perfectly fine.  Very slight shrinking at a single point on both where the rubber is beginning to degrade, but 99 out of 100 testers wouldn't give it a second look.  The new tester I use is a little Hitler though so is proper anal about everything.  Not always a bad thing I suppose as at least he's thorough.

I also decided to treat her to some new suspension too! Bilstein B12 pro kit, new genuine top mounts, bearings, top caps, and securing nuts and bolts for the front, rear are obsolete so Lemforder rear top mount kit bought too.  Happy days!  :wink:  Bilsteins will be back in stock at Demontweeks on the 19th ready for dispatch, so should be with me shortly after.   :cool:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

VW BUSH

« Reply #42 on: 08 January 2015, 20:03 »
So it's almost ready to sell then :grin:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 08 January 2015, 21:30 »

I'm having a little holiday in April for 8 months, so she won't be going anywhere for a while yet! 
When I get back, front and rear axles will be removed, stripped down, powdercoated and new bushes fitted.  Once the underside is done, Its pretty much where I want it to be. 
I was thinking of doing engine internals eventually, but compression is good and emissions are excellent, so its not really necessary.  I'll probably still do it though!

At that point, there really is nothing else I'd need to do apart from the odd little bits and pieces. 
Who knows though, I may decide its either as far as I want to go with this car so get another project, or decide to add a little more power............................... :evil:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
« Reply #44 on: 17 January 2015, 20:15 »
This looks absolutely stunning,lots of graft gone into this ,love it,i hope my corrado ends up half as good as this!
« Last Edit: 25 January 2015, 00:39 by Screech16v »

VW BUSH

« Reply #45 on: 18 January 2015, 13:16 »

I'm having a little holiday in April for 8 months, so she won't be going anywhere for a while yet! 
When I get back, front and rear axles will be removed, stripped down, powdercoated and new bushes fitted.  Once the underside is done, Its pretty much where I want it to be. 
I was thinking of doing engine internals eventually, but compression is good and emissions are excellent, so its not really necessary.  I'll probably still do it though!

At that point, there really is nothing else I'd need to do apart from the odd little bits and pieces. 
Who knows though, I may decide its either as far as I want to go with this car so get another project, or decide to add a little more power............................... :evil:

These are rare in this condition, nice job. I once drove a charged VR absolute hoot.
Take care on "holiday"

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 19 January 2015, 17:52 »
Thanks mate.  It's not a holiday at her majesty's pleasure - well, not in the sense you may be thinking anyway! Lol. It's a kind of working holiday with many good stops along the way!  :cool:

VW BUSH

« Reply #47 on: 19 January 2015, 18:42 »
Thanks mate.  It's not a holiday at her majesty's pleasure - well, not in the sense you may be thinking anyway! Lol. It's a kind of working holiday with many good stops along the way!  :cool:
Lol Navy boy I expect.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #48 on: 20 January 2015, 08:16 »
Lol Navy boy I expect.

:grin: Now now.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 20 January 2015, 16:52 »
Lol Navy boy I expect.

:wink: