Author Topic: My new Car!!  (Read 1990 times)

Offline richie2480

• GTI forum regular
My new Car!!
« on: 03 July 2011, 21:04 »
 Well at long last I've got my dream car. I have bought Dubster2's Golf GTI 16v. Tim was a bit of an obsessive, compulsive which is fine by me as the car is immaculate. I opted not to buy Tim's BBS alloys and so have purchased some Lenso BSX 15" alloys. They look good but I will colour the centre caps just to get some contrast on the wheels (too much silver). I will have my own audio fitted. Undecided about that but will have a look around to see what's on the market. I'm not after some boombastic boy racer set-up just something with some nice sound quality so I can listen to my classical music! There isn't really much I need or want to do to the car. I might remove the show winning stickers from windscreen (these are comps Tim won not me). There's nothing needs changing and as they always say "Why fix it if it ain't broke". I have a set of the original RA's that I plan to refurb and these will be my second set of alloys.There are a couple of niggles I would like to sort:

1. Coolant temp guage is not working. Anyone got any ideas. I'm guessing it's a loose connection somewhere.
2. Tim took off his Momo steering wheel and refitted the original. It is however not resetting after turning. Again probably a quick fix but not sure what to look for.

Don't get me wrong I am ecstatic, and Tim, I think, broken hearted. I have promised I will be good to her.

I would insert a pic but no idea how to.

Cheers all

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot