Author Topic: Happy Christmas to me! - MY19 content arrived!  (Read 14540 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Happy Christmas to me! - MY19 content arrived!
« on: 22 December 2018, 14:40 »
To cut a very long story short, in order...

1. Ordered a car at the start of the summer with expected delivery of 3mths max
2. Delay after delay saw me cancel it when they finally said it wouldn't arrive until March 2019 at the earliest
3. Struggled to find anything close spec wise to what I wanted, due to needing DCC (no compromise must have) and wanting Dynaudio, and Leather or Art Velour at a bare minimum.
3. Found a Clubsport last month (not in my preferred colour I must add), but that fell through when the dealer reneged on the p/x value for mine.
4. Roll on to first thing this morning and I get a surprise call from my dealer, totally out of the blue, saying my originally ordered car had yesterday evening/night turned up on the back of a transporter, with 3 other GTI orders they weren't expecting until next year!
5. Asked if it was a MY19 or MY18 and he confirmed it was MY19
6. Went down to see it in the metal a few hours ago, and the dealer honoured their P/X value given, honoured the 15% discount I was given, and they gave me the new 3.6% APR on the finance.
7. I obviously signed for it there and then!

MY19 - 5dr 245 Performance
DSG,
Isaac Blue Steel
Leather
Brescias
Dynaudio
DCC
Pan Roof
Electric Memory front Drovers seat

As it's a MY19 it has the Rear Camera (I originally specced this anyway), Lane Assist and Keyless on it. Mirror caps are not black as others have wondered, they are Isaac Blue.

... and here she is (literally driven off the transporter and wrapping removed for me, nothing else done to it so the wheel caps are missing and there's some glue remanence on it):

To say I'm happy would be understatement!  :grin:

The only two questions I have is:

- Do I take it as a 2018 registered car next week, or wait until the first of Jan so it's 2019 registered?
- They have offered me the alloy insurance for £300 (max 12 claims in 3 years, no excess) - what have others paid for theirs?
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline ChrisG84

• Not said much yet
Re: Happy Christmas to me! - MY19 content arrived!
« Reply #1 on: 22 December 2018, 14:48 »
Happy Christmas!! I picked mine up on Thursday and they offered alloy cover, 3 years, 18 claims for £259, although unsure if/what excess as I didn't take.
GTI Performance / 3dr / Tornado Red / Manual / DCC / 18" wheels / Tinted Glass

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2018, 14:53 »
Sack the alloy insurance and take the car now if you really want it now. Won't make any difference if its registered this week or first week in January it's still a my19 car.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 22 December 2018, 15:16 »
To cut a very long story short, in order...

1. Ordered a car at the start of the summer with expected delivery of 3mths max
2. Delay after delay saw me cancel it when they finally said it wouldn't arrive until March 2019 at the earliest
3. Struggled to find anything close spec wise to what I wanted, due to needing DCC (no compromise must have) and wanting Dynaudio, and Leather or Art Velour at a bare minimum.
3. Found a Clubsport last month (not in my preferred colour I must add), but that fell through when the dealer reneged on the p/x value for mine.
4. Roll on to first thing this morning and I get a surprise call from my dealer, totally out of the blue, saying my originally ordered car had yesterday evening/night turned up on the back of a transporter, with 3 other GTI orders they weren't expecting until next year!
5. Asked if it was a MY19 or MY18 and he confirmed it was MY19
6. Went down to see it in the metal a few hours ago, and the dealer honoured their P/X value given, honoured the 15% discount I was given, and they gave me the new 3.6% APR on the finance.
7. I obviously signed for it there and then!

MY19 - 5dr 245 Performance
DSG,
Isaac Blue Steel
Leather
Brescias
Dynaudio
DCC
Pan Roof
Electric Memory front Drovers seat

As it's a MY19 it has the Rear Camera (I originally specced this anyway), Lane Assist and Keyless on it. Mirror caps are not black as others have wondered, they are Isaac Blue.

... and here she is (literally driven off the transporter and wrapping removed for me, nothing else done to it so the wheel caps are missing and there's some glue remanence on it):

To say I'm happy would be understatement!  :grin:

The only two questions I have is:

- Do I take it as a 2018 registered car next week, or wait until the first of Jan so it's 2019 registered?
- They have offered me the alloy insurance for £300 (max 12 claims in 3 years, no excess) - what have others paid for theirs?

Looks like it was meant to be mate. I would have the car now and enjoy it.👍🏻
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 December 2018, 15:21 »
Very nice. G'waaan, treat yourself. Get it now.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 December 2018, 15:37 »
Looks good. Don’t bother with the alloy wheel insurance. Lots of alloy wheel insurances only cover SMART repairs rather than a good quality proper refurbishment, and IMO SMART repairs can be hit and miss, especially on diamond cut alloys. Also, many alloy wheel policies don’t cover diamond cut wheels, so you’d need to check carefully what cover you’d be buying if you bought the dealer’s (or any alloy wheel insurance) product.

I’d rather put the £300 aside and use it to get the wheels refurbished properly if you’re unlucky enough to have the odd scrape or two.

As for when to take the car; only you can decide. It’ll be a 68 reg whether you take it this month or next.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6 on: 22 December 2018, 16:50 »
It looks fantastic  :smiley:
Get driving it now !!
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 22 December 2018, 17:17 »
Well that's great,  enjoy the car.

Take the wheel ins, I usually don't do all the extras they try and sell you but I did get the wheel ins. I think I paid £250 for 6 claims each year for 3yrs, no excess.
I've already claimed for 3 wheels which would of cost £315 . Well worth it with the Brescia's,  they're just a magnet for kerbs.

Have fun in your new car mate!
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 22 December 2018, 17:48 »
Looking good

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 22 December 2018, 18:09 »
Lovely surprise for you

Amazing how in some of the pictures it looks so like Indium Grey! Especially the close up of front right corner and bonnet, would swear that's Indium.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias