Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 645138 times)

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2620 on: 25 May 2015, 20:48 »
Cheers Booth11,

Thats what i used to get the bugs shifted the Auto Finesse you could see it working against the white, it was just rolling down the front of the car.

Haha, It serves the purpose but it will be staying off for a while, at least until GTI international anyway for the run down.

Must admit it looks different now that its off haha, still need a few little changes i think but i don't know what yet.

Bug city!!!

One of the few upsides to a black car is the squashed bugs are not so obvious.  But you know they're still there, I use Auto Finesse Citrus Power Bug and Grime Remover to zap their pesky little corpses off the front of the car.

Nooo!  Don't put the bug guard back on, or the bonnet bra  :cry:  Only joking, if it does the job fair enough, if you can live with the ugliness  :tongue:

Anyway, sans bug guard, your car looks gorgeous  :cool:

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2621 on: 25 May 2015, 21:02 »
When do you join the dark side of the MK7 with your R Booth?

A friend of mine has had his order put back to September now, he's not happy.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2622 on: 25 May 2015, 21:24 »
Cheers Booth11,

Thats what i used to get the bugs shifted the Auto Finesse you could see it working against the white, it was just rolling down the front of the car.

Haha, It serves the purpose but it will be staying off for a while, at least until GTI international anyway for the run down.

Must admit it looks different now that its off haha, still need a few little changes i think but i don't know what yet.

Meant to say before, a couple weeks earlier with those pics you could've definitely given Dan (Seabrook132) a run for his money in the before & after detailing comp that ran.

Who knows?  VWUK system is in disarray at the moment and build weeks have gone a bit haywire due to the implementation of the MY2016 changes.  My estimated build week was originally week 28, then 24 but my dealer said last week it was showing now as week 48!!  But this has happened to others, also shunted to BW48 and apparently it may just be that the pre year change ordered cars are being temporarily held at week 48 until the system changes have been sorted.  Dealer says he'll keep an eye on it and check with VWUK if it doesn't revert back soon. 

A slight slip is no problem as I want the car on a '65 plate for 1st Sept, but I won't be too impressed if it's later than Sept, given I ordered end Jan.  so fingers crossed it's just a temp slip and normality will be resumed soon  :rolleyes:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2623 on: 25 May 2015, 22:00 »
Ahh wish i had seen that would have given it s good go maybe put a bit more effort in with the polish, seal and clay haha, been a bit hectic recently with illness in the family so the car has sort of got neglected, :undecided: so as the Sunday session resulted in no hangover I thought i would show it a little love before the slog of hospital visiting kicks in again. Long over due but I'm happy loving the GTI again.  :laugh:

Yeah my mate was the same, ordered in Jan put a few options on like the sunroof, dyna audio and a few other bits and then got told its going to be September at the earliest, he gutted as he wanted a clean off of the 2 cars before show season.

Cheers Booth11,

Meant to say before, a couple weeks earlier with those pics you could've definitely given Dan (Seabrook132) a run for his money in the before & after detailing comp that ran.

Who knows?  VWUK system is in disarray at the moment and build weeks have gone a bit haywire due to the implementation of the MY2016 changes.  My estimated build week was originally week 28, then 24 but my dealer said last week it was showing now as week 48!!  But this has happened to others, also shunted to BW48 and apparently it may just be that the pre year change ordered cars are being temporarily held at week 48 until the system changes have been sorted.  Dealer says he'll keep an eye on it and check with VWUK if it doesn't revert back soon. 

A slight slip is no problem as I want the car on a '65 plate for 1st Sept, but I won't be too impressed if it's later than Sept, given I ordered end Jan.  so fingers crossed it's just a temp slip and normality will be resumed soon  :rolleyes:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2624 on: 25 May 2015, 22:59 »
Ahh wish i had seen that would have given it s good go maybe put a bit more effort in with the polish, seal and clay haha, been a bit hectic recently with illness in the family so the car has sort of got neglected, :undecided: so as the Sunday session resulted in no hangover I thought i would show it a little love before the slog of hospital visiting kicks in again. Long over due but I'm happy loving the GTI again.  :laugh:

Yeah my mate was the same, ordered in Jan put a few options on like the sunroof, dyna audio and a few other bits and then got told its going to be September at the earliest, he gutted as he wanted a clean off of the 2 cars before show season.

Sorry to hear about the illness in your family Whitehawk, hope everything is as good as it can be  :smiley:

Shame about your mate's car missing the show season, but there's next year.  Did he add the options later, after initial order?  Maybe that's why it's dropped back.  But if it's caught up in the MY changes it might come forward once the mess is sorted, fingers crossed.

Hoping to run another detailing comp later this year (am now moderator of that section) so I'll give you a shout if it comes about.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2625 on: 26 May 2015, 17:57 »

Sorry to hear about the illness in your family Whitehawk, hope everything is as good as it can be  :smiley:

Shame about your mate's car missing the show season, but there's next year.  Did he add the options later, after initial order?  Maybe that's why it's dropped back.  But if it's caught up in the MY changes it might come forward once the mess is sorted, fingers crossed.

Hoping to run another detailing comp later this year (am now moderator of that section) so I'll give you a shout if it comes about.

Cheers Booth, they are on the mend now and home so the long road to recovery starts!

I know, means ill have more time to order my R soon then, and i don't think he has changed anything, he added them all when he ordered it. Same for you hope yours comes for the 65 plate now ;)

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #2626 on: 26 May 2015, 21:54 »
Back on topic of mk6s  :wink:

2 sticky Michelin Pilot Super Sports fitted to the front, finally a matching set. Dunlops wore very even and looked very tired when removed this morning.

Then onto Citygate Watford for 3rd service at 21K. After a poor experience at Citygate Ruislip this couldn't have been more different, efficiant calmness from start to finish. Booked in at 11 for 2 hours, free minor inspection service. Change the oil, kick the tyres and top up other lubes. Completed in just over 1 hour while i waited wandering around the VW and Audi cars. Even got a video from the engineer emailed to me as he looked over the car explaining that everything was ship shape, nice touch and more importantly they didn't damage my car. This has restored some of my confidence in dealer servicing till the next time.

Really liked the RS6 plus in battleship grey, massive alloys and carbon detail, jeez what a car! imagine that has a £100K price tag...

35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2627 on: 26 May 2015, 22:58 »
Back on topic of mk6s  :wink:

2 sticky Michelin Pilot Super Sports fitted to the front, finally a matching set. Dunlops wore very even and looked very tired when removed this morning.

Then onto Citygate Watford for 3rd service at 21K. After a poor experience at Citygate Ruislip this couldn't have been more different, efficiant calmness from start to finish. Booked in at 11 for 2 hours, free minor inspection service. Change the oil, kick the tyres and top up other lubes. Completed in just over 1 hour while i waited wandering around the VW and Audi cars. Even got a video from the engineer emailed to me as he looked over the car explaining that everything was ship shape, nice touch and more importantly they didn't damage my car. This has restored some of my confidence in dealer servicing till the next time.

Really liked the RS6 plus in battleship grey, massive alloys and carbon detail, jeez what a car! imagine that has a £100K price tag...

Sounds like a good experience.  Can't see EuroCanterbury doing service videos.  Mine's coming up for 3rd service at 28k miles which will be in about a month.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2628 on: 27 May 2015, 12:26 »

I got a health check video when mine went in. Never had it before.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2015, 12:45 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2629 on: 27 May 2015, 12:51 »
I got a health check video when mine went in. Never had it before.

Must be a new thing.  They must be sick of attentive owners standing over them, claims for damage or accusations of things not being checked.......or all 3!

Today I gave the car a thorough interior clean, changed over to my summer GTI mats and topped up the oil and screenwash.  All ready for a good wash later this week, if the weather holds.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2015, 18:42 by Snoopy »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual