Author Topic: Bora 2.0 Sport - Nothing special really!  (Read 12734 times)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: I'm back.. with another Dub
« Reply #10 on: 05 July 2010, 09:29 »
Welcome back dude!!

Car is looking awesome  :cool:

Does that mean you will be leaving the Mk3 section?  :sad:

kells

« Reply #11 on: 05 July 2010, 09:51 »
Lookin fresh. Maybe see it a tad lower in the future :-)

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #12 on: 05 July 2010, 10:44 »
Liking that!

I would try and get thinner spacers though, personally not keen on the wheel sticking past the arch.
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline spear

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 05 July 2010, 13:39 »
nice pics of ipswich docks/marina there joe!

Offline zdebx

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 05 July 2010, 18:42 »
Nice to see you back :) Not a fan of the debadged grills and would prefer something VAG for the alloys....But that's just me  :rolleyes:
My Golf mk3 1.8 SE is FOR SALE - Jetex exhaust + Jamex coilies & More...Only £550! More info here > http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=161711.0

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 05 July 2010, 18:47 »
Looking good Mate :afro:

Some nice looking Bora's on here at the mo.  :cool: :cool:
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
Re: My Bora Sport :)
« Reply #16 on: 17 August 2010, 11:40 »
Haven't updated this in a while due to breaking my camera and not being able to take pics of my progress :( Took a few up to date pics on my phone though so I've got pics to show you but they're crap quality

First off I split my headlights and painted the outer chrome section black similar to the Mk4 Golf anni headlights

Then I popped to VW and ordered a V6 4motion front valance, took a couple of days to come but was worth the wait :)

Fitted my smoked crystal rear lights and gave the car a good wax

And just a random picture of how it is now

Apart from that.. I've had the windscreen replaced, I've replaced the scuffed front rubstrip and I've replaced all the factory bulbs with bright white LED bulbs (interior/number plate/sidelights/reverse lights)

The only problem I've had with the car since owning it, is the passenger side window regulator, the stupid white plastic clips broke so I plastic welded them back together and haven't had any problems since :evil:

All comments welcome :)
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #17 on: 17 August 2010, 11:47 »
looks good buddy. not sure on the debadged grill. rims are growing on me from 5mins ago :D just think the centres need to be lairy, but thats just me :D

maybe a new boot with the spoiler or take it off and plug the holes?? not sure how the bora spoilers are fitted...

like the white LED thing, tis what im doing and headlights mod looks good :)

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 17 August 2010, 12:05 »
looks good buddy. not sure on the debadged grill. rims are growing on me from 5mins ago :D just think the centres need to be lairy, but thats just me :D

maybe a new boot with the spoiler or take it off and plug the holes?? not sure how the bora spoilers are fitted...

like the white LED thing, tis what im doing and headlights mod looks good :)

Cheers mate..

The debadged grill is a bit of a marmite mod.. the only reason its on there is because the factory fitted grill had chrome slats and looked a bit chavtastic lol. I'm on the lookout for a standard indigo blue grill but I'm in no rush.. I've also considered painting the debadged grill blue to match the car but not sure how it would look.
The wheels need a refurb because the lips are badly corroded, although there's no kerbing which is surprising cus they stick out a mile lol. I was just going to get them re-done in the original colour although indigo blue centres and (believe it or not) pink centres did cross my mind. I just think the car is a bit too serious for lairy coloured wheels
As for the spoiler, that's definately staying.. I've actually never seen another Bora with a rear spoiler so I like it because it makes mine look different, plus when you look in the rear view mirror and see the spoiler it reminds you that you're driving a car with a boot :grin:
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 17 August 2010, 12:12 »
He lives!!!!!  :shocked: :grin: :grin:

Cars looking good!

The grill is growing on me, don't like it with the bra though. Loving the spoiler though it's subtle and not chavtastic!!

:afro: