Author Topic: New 2015 GTD owner  (Read 1587 times)

Offline bobbyboucher

• Just got here
New 2015 GTD owner
« on: 20 March 2018, 09:50 »
Just got a 2015 GTD in Grey from a dealer in my area.
Love the car so far and actually sold a 17 Plate Focus St line to get it. The ford was just utter garbage!

Only thing I do not like is the Sat Nav. Tried to use it last night and both places not found. Can't seem to use post code searches?

I had a 2007 Audi and i bought a Kenwood with Garmin and that was simply superb for me with a 8' screen.It was £1500 at the time though!

Apart from the Alpine at over £1400 is there any other decent aftermarket double din available for the Mk7 folks? Don't want some cheap China thing.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
Re: New 2015 GTD owner
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2018, 10:04 »
Are you having trouble entering the full postcode?

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2018, 10:17 »
Glad you like your car. Health to enjoy :) I'm not much help with the sat nav however, as I never really use mine!
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2018, 12:05 »
If its postcode entry issues - you have to select the letters (ie: not the numbers) screen in order to get the spacebar and then go back to number screen to enter the remainder of the full postcode. Its very clunky and why they don't have the full set of letters and numbers on one screen is beyond me)!

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2018, 18:20 »
Also, the postcode option (bottom left of the screen) comes up before you select the "city" part of the new destination, which I found counter intuitive, but does make sense, as the postcode specifies the complete address, including the city.

It's not the best satnav by a fair bit, but I wouldn't consider spending a load of money changing it out.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline bobbyboucher

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 20 March 2018, 21:37 »
Cheers for the reply's guys.
I had the last kenwood for 3 years and it was a joy to use so i today ordered the 9' Alpine as well as Ghost.

Boys and their Toys lol.

Offline bobbyboucher

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2018, 00:32 »
Had the Apline x902d-g7 and ghost immobiliser fitted yesterday.
So far so good. The new head unit does not have SD card slot which i did not realise.

My old Kenwood has Voice control and I do miss that as it was 99% bang on.
This Alpine has voice control via Android Auto/Apple Car play.

Screen size is crazy large and sat nav works well.Not lost any OEM functions at all and no harnesses had to be cut or spliced.

Deffo not the cheapest unit in the market, but for golf mk7 it's got to be the leader.

The Ghost immobiliser is a great bit of kit too!

Will do an update video in a week or so.