Author Topic: Your car has been built and has now left the factory  (Read 24247 times)

Online mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Your car has been built and has now left the factory
« Reply #90 on: 23 March 2018, 20:17 »
collection day fail - a huge inclusion in the paint on the edge of the rear valance thing + they've over-tightened the front plate causing it to stress fracture...

Will have another go at the end of the week :-(

It just shows its worth having. good look round the car before driving off.  Even when the car is fresh off the boat.  Hope it gets sorted quickly (but properly).

Dealer rang about an hour ago to say my car was being delivered on Friday which is both great and disappointing as they need two full days to get everything ready so it won't be available until Tuesday.  That also means my car will have basically sat in Grimsby for the thick end of two weeks!
They don't need 2 full days to do a prep. It can be done in a couple of hours if need be. I still can't fathom out why your car didn't get delivered to port of Tyne.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #91 on: 26 March 2018, 14:04 »
Well I'm finally booked in to pick mine up on Thursday afternoon.  They could have it ready tomorrow, but it would have made the whole thing a massive unenjoyable rush.  After the issues damianmkv has had I want have plenty of time to look the car over.  I have taken a half day off work which also leads nicely into the easter break.

The whole process has taken about 1 month from ordering the car.  It was already in the channel and had literally just completed the build stage.  So in real terms it took a whole month to travel from the factory to my local dealer.

Can't wait!   :smiley:
2018 Golf GTI DSG in Deep Pearl Black

Online mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #92 on: 26 March 2018, 21:58 »
Check your rear seats are closed properly. You might think it's the B pillar but it may not be.

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #93 on: 27 March 2018, 13:56 »
Well dealer definitely has my car (despite what the order tracker is saying) and sent me a picture to prove it.  :smiley:

I have now booked the whole of Thursday off as I can't face going to work for 3 hours.

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #94 on: 03 April 2018, 11:32 »
Well got my car last Thursday, and to say I love it would be an understatement.  I just think its a fantastic all round car, and I'm particularly fond of the the Deep Pearl Black.

What wasn't brilliant was the whole collection process.  It was a pretty stressful miserable experience which was a shame being my first brand new car.  We had bought two cars from the same dealer on the same day, my Golf and a Polo SE for the wife.  First off were plonked straight in front of a desk to sign loads of paperwork (not as much as a cuppa).  Then we were taken to our cars and then left as another customer was coming in (who it later turned out was 3 hours early!).  Both cars were wedged into a couple spaces next to each other which made it extremely difficult to have a good look round them.  The level of detail and valet was atrocious.  The interior was covered with finger prints, and the exterior had clearly just been given a quick wash.  There was loads of residual water marks and dust.  I complained and they offered to re-do them this week, but to be honest I think I will be happier to sort them out myself.  They were supposed to both have a full tank of fuel, both and just under half.  Complained and sales guy took us to local shell garage with his fuel card.

I haven't had as much as a phone call since to ask if everything is alright.  Not impressed at all.

So far car has been perfect though :smiley:.  Order tracker still says its just entered the UK though.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #95 on: 03 April 2018, 12:09 »
Well got my car last Thursday, and to say I love it would be an understatement.  I just think its a fantastic all round car, and I'm particularly fond of the the Deep Pearl Black.

What wasn't brilliant was the whole collection process.  It was a pretty stressful miserable experience which was a shame being my first brand new car.  We had bought two cars from the same dealer on the same day, my Golf and a Polo SE for the wife.  First off were plonked straight in front of a desk to sign loads of paperwork (not as much as a cuppa).  Then we were taken to our cars and then left as another customer was coming in (who it later turned out was 3 hours early!).  Both cars were wedged into a couple spaces next to each other which made it extremely difficult to have a good look round them.  The level of detail and valet was atrocious.  The interior was covered with finger prints, and the exterior had clearly just been given a quick wash.  There was loads of residual water marks and dust.  I complained and they offered to re-do them this week, but to be honest I think I will be happier to sort them out myself.  They were supposed to both have a full tank of fuel, both and just under half.  Complained and sales guy took us to local shell garage with his fuel card.

I haven't had as much as a phone call since to ask if everything is alright.  Not impressed at all.

So far car has been perfect though :smiley:.  Order tracker still says its just entered the UK though.

Car looks great ne0star. Shame about the collection experience not being what you were hoping for.

I personally prefer a low key collection - I wouldn’t want the ‘big reveal’ that some dealers do, with the gritty cover being dragged off the car. I like to be left alone to have a good look around the car - but to do that, you at least need to have sufficient space around the car to check everything’s OK. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing, but I think in your position, I’d at least have asked for yours and your wife’s cars to be moved into better space thst gave you enough room to check both cars over.

Whatever you do, don’t let the dealer re-valet either car - do it yourself. Chances are if the dealer does it, both will end up with swirly paintwork, which will be very obvious on Deep Black Pearl paintwork.

Put the delivery experience behind you and enjoy your car. Hope your wife is also enjoying the Polo  :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #96 on: 03 April 2018, 12:11 »
Thats very poor service and quite surprising unless these are lease cars? - personally I would write to the dealer principal (not a phone call) and ask if this their standard procedure.

Then when you get the VW customer service satisfaction questionnaire you will be able to explain how disappointing the handover was.

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #97 on: 03 April 2018, 13:56 »
Thanks for the feedback guys.  I'm actually starting to think it was a good thing they didn't put much effort into cleaning it lol.

To be honest I'm not sure what my expectations were, but I definitely thought it would have been a bit more customer orientated.  It was one of those situations whereby its over in the blink of an eye, and the next thing you know your sat back at home thinking 'hang on a minute that was a bit rubbish'.  It is the main Volkswagen dealer in the area we purchased the cars from though.

Wife loves the Polo.  I did feel a little bit sorry for her because my car has received all the attention, but the new Polo is a really nice car with a good level of kit as standard on the SE.  One nice bonus was the car was delivered with the optional £450 convenience pack which was never specified and we haven't paid for.  I even checked the paper work. 

Online mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #98 on: 03 April 2018, 18:44 »
Was it Lookers at Silverlink? As said just wait for the customer feedback questionnaire and then tell the truth. The dealer will be marked down for such bad feedback and then if the dealer principal or sales manager has anything about then they'll ring you and ask why you gave such bad feedback. They'll sharp learn.

Offline ashm1000

• Not said much yet
« Reply #99 on: 04 April 2018, 14:19 »

Glad you liike the car. It looks really nice, I'm hoping my white one looks as good. That experience does sound pretty rubbish so I'll be interested to see whether Caffyns in Brighton will do better than you got :(

Mine's now "in the UK" - how long did it take to get to your dealer from then? Hoping to have it in a week or so as long as my current lease provider will play ball.