Author Topic: Mk7 GTI Tyres  (Read 6348 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Mk7 GTI Tyres
« Reply #20 on: 15 December 2017, 16:46 »
I was referring to SRGTD's comment really.

You are correct, the do earn a fitting fee from the likes of Blackcircles or Mytyres, but not as much as they would make if they were to provide the tyres from their regular suppliers. I suppose it all brings people in through the doors and helps to keep the lights on.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
Re: Mk7 GTI Tyres
« Reply #21 on: 15 December 2017, 19:42 »
When I was a Corporate drone with a company car we had to use Kwik Fit.  I would never use them by choice and wouldn't let them near any car of mine.

I have no patience with tyre fitters or garages in general who don't respect other peoples property, especially if that person is the paying customer.  I once saw a fitter at what I thought was a well-known and therefore respected tyre dealer throw a Ferrari alloy across the floor of the fitting bay.

Recently I have bought my own tyres from Costco, who have been excellent.  They don't use airguns if you ask them not to, they wash the wheels inside and out, and generally behave as though they care.  They only supply and fit Michelin and Bridgestone tyres, but as it happens my recent Golf TDi, Honda S2000 and current GTi needed Michelin and Bridgestone tyres. 

I can only speak for my local Costco branch, but I can recommend them.  Their pricing is the icing on the cake.