Author Topic: Swap: my Recaro buckets seats for leather!  (Read 3471 times)

Offline douglaslad

• Not said much yet
Re: Swap: my Recaro buckets seats for leather!
« Reply #10 on: 13 December 2017, 23:23 »
To the best of my knowledge the Clubsports that have the bucket seats also do not have the rear air vents at the back of the centre console unlike those fitted with the standard sport and leather seats. Not sure if the air vents have or can be retrofitted although it looks as though to do so one would would need to replace the complete centre console.
« Last Edit: 13 December 2017, 23:29 by douglaslad »
Pure White Manual 3dr Clubsport.
Dynamic Chassis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Sat Nav Pro, Rear view Camera, Car Net, Standard Sport Seats, 18" Belvederes.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 13 December 2017, 23:40 »
Yeah the rear air vents would only be fitted with the “full” centre console that has the armrest.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 16 December 2017, 19:36 »
I have a 2017 ED40 Clubsport and find the Recaro seats too narrow for long journeys!! A real shame because they look the nuts and we’re an expensive option!!

so, if anyone’s interested in a swap, I’m on the lookout for full leather....??

I don't have a leather interior to swap but would happily buy your Recaro's if you sell them separately.

Been several full leather interiors on eBay in recent months, around the £1200-1500 mark.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 24 December 2017, 13:44 »
I'm sure the leather specced Clubsports come with the LED's in the doors too don't they?
I think it'd be a full interior swap required to get it all, plus various coding for the electrics if the leather car comes with the ambient lighting bits missing from bucket spec sheet.

Much as I love the thought of the buckets I'd never be able to get into or out of my car in my shoebox sized garage if I had to clamber in and out of the heavily recessed seats.
The standard cloth and alcantara Clubsport sports seats are pretty decent, look nice and are easy to get in and out of in tight spaces.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner