Author Topic: What do you find annoying about your Mark 7?  (Read 17614 times)

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
Re: What do you find annoying about your Mark 7?
« Reply #90 on: 14 December 2017, 21:51 »
Electronic nanny systems, only ever once in 23yrs of driving actually thanked my lucky stars for having it....

But if I had reacted the way most people do when they activate I would have crashed....thankfully I saw the danger, & took appropriate action & forced the systems to work (ASR, ABS & EDL) to their best advantage as I know how they work pretty well....

the incident was on a back road in winter, car had winter tyres & the danger was huge sheet of hard black ice on a corner basically the whole road ....if you go off the corner,..slight slope then 10m drop down to stream & rocks.....& and as a "b class" road no barriers either..& no mobile signal in that area either..

As far as the Golf I have set various "nannys" to minimum...this is in the actual units codes, No hacking, the unit is made with those options & these are active in certain countries.

Insurance assessor will only look for fault codes & will not drill through the 1000's of coding lines in every module to see if this car deviates from the factory spec...& NO spec is stored of this even your VW dealer wont know some of the minor changes even if they hook the car up to FAZIT, as VCDS is not a hacking tool, you are just activating exiting coding VW put in the module.

The best mod is to turn the "starting vibration reduction" (forgotten module) to the lowest setting available. Why?? This setting cuts the engine power via the ignition & causes wheel hop & the thump/thump...usually set to "strong" at factory.

I have mine on lowest "normal" & it makes much smoother getaways which I can control on the throttle....only the ASR works a bit more if you trigger it...

ASR button, retro fitted mine as just touch screen only in GT spec. Coded button to ASR off/ sport as the screen only had ASR off...so now have the extra "sport" function which is standard on GTI/R as they use the same module as my car.

Way too many people are forgetting even basic road craft, & IMHO driving standards have plummeted.....engine on, car in gear...brain out of gear....

Oh & driverless cars can't cope with the current winter conditions....if they can't see the white lines forget it..as they still need to do this even with fancy GPS...

AS for "driving god"...nah still learning every day as you should, but given advanced instruction by a mate who was a test driver for several rally teams....& I drive "defensively", basically be aware of everything that is going on around you & 3, 5 cars back etc...& try to create a safety bubble around your car...

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #91 on: 15 December 2017, 12:19 »
90 replies in 10 days on the negatives of a Golf, it's a miracle anyone buys one at all!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #92 on: 15 December 2017, 12:20 »
90 replies in 10 days on the negatives of a Golf, it's a miracle anyone buys one at all!

They are that perfect we have to find faults with them.... :grin:

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #93 on: 15 December 2017, 12:47 »

And we're the one's that chose them lol.

That said, I've posted in here but my current thinking is my next car will be another golf (probably Mk8)
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 15 December 2017, 12:52 »
but what else comes close?
Audi, uninspiring interior
BMW, uninspiring
Hyundai, 😂😂😂
Suzuki, 😮😮😮
Ford, 🤢
Vauxhall, unreliability
Merc, disappointing
Toyota, uninteresting
« Last Edit: 15 December 2017, 12:56 by Vwjap »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #95 on: 15 December 2017, 13:00 »
Golfs haveno faults, we just make them up to popoluate threads called What do you find annoying about your Mk7.  I’m preparing a thread of the same name ready for the Mk8.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #96 on: 15 December 2017, 13:01 »
Golfs have no faults, they are perfect, we just make up faults to popoluate threads called What do you find annoying about your Mk7.  I’m preparing a thread of the same name ready for the Mk8.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #97 on: 15 December 2017, 13:15 »
A lot of people on here will know of all the problems i had with my car when it was new but the only two things I find annoying are the seat bolsters seem to be made of soft cheese and when the car is wet and you open the boot and the VW badge spits water at you.

I love the car albeit I bought too many doors.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17