Author Topic: steering  (Read 9872 times)

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
Re: steering
« Reply #30 on: 28 November 2017, 09:45 »
well i've had a reply from vw, apparentlyy i'm unable to have the lighter settings due to having parking assist fitted. i've asked now what if i have it dissabled.. wish i could just chat to the person myself instead of snippits from the unfortunate service ppl (having to listen to my moaning..lol.)   

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #31 on: 28 November 2017, 09:52 »
I haven't got park assist... no comfort steering setting for me...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 28 November 2017, 10:45 »
I haven't got park assist... no comfort steering setting for me...

true, but i think you'd be able to get it through vcds etc. but i can't because the programs will clash(i think) not 100% sure though.

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #33 on: 01 December 2017, 09:29 »
had another phone call from vw about my last queery about getting rid of park assist so i can have lighter steering and the answers still no apparently.  so no lighter steering other than normal and sport (definately  no handicapped setting/ god i hate that word)  so i'll take it to get it checked out at a tuner shop with vcds just in case.. but after that if it's still a no go, it's either sell my beaut of an isaac blue ggti pp with lots of extras or change the steering rack at a cost of around 1k...  feeling a bit peed with vw atm..  :smiley:

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 01 December 2017, 09:38 »
Where are you based Maxie?
there must be a member close by with VCDS?
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #35 on: 01 December 2017, 09:50 »

i'm in stoke-on-trent, a guy offered from south oxfordshire but that's a bit far.. there's a garage a few miles down the road who i've spoken to who'll be able to check it out next week for me so it's ok.. granted it will cost me but i'm past  caring almost now. just want to know so i can move on :)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 01 December 2017, 12:32 »

i'm in stoke-on-trent, a guy offered from south oxfordshire but that's a bit far.. there's a garage a few miles down the road who i've spoken to who'll be able to check it out next week for me so it's ok.. granted it will cost me but i'm past  caring almost now. just want to know so i can move on :)

Hope you get it sorted maxie :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #37 on: 16 December 2017, 10:34 »
well i took it to a local garage and the bloke tried changing it to comfort but it came up as an error although it is changed on his cpu.. but unfortunately it doesn't seem to of helped.  i've now wrote an email to vw customer services germany but ive had no  reply as of yet. i'll wait a few more days then i'll reword it and try again :)  i've also contacted vw uk again and they've now esscalated the matter..
« Last Edit: 16 December 2017, 11:28 by maxie »

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #38 on: 25 December 2017, 19:53 »
well i've had a reply from germany, they say speak to uk vw. so i did, theyre saying nothing can be done(my arse) the reason i say this is because ive been speaking to a guy who works at a vw garage and he says
 "I work for VW at a dealer and can advise that the electrosteering can be adapated to be lighter via downloaded map files to the steering ECU, you may have to contact motability for the authorisation for this to be done but it seems you havent been directed to the correct people for the help you need, contact your local dealer and ask if you can have the steering remapped for disability and that will get the ball rolling.. hope this helps?"

the problem is vw have closed my complaint, but i guess i'll be opening another... fingers crossed :)

:) merry christmas :)
« Last Edit: 26 December 2017, 10:40 by maxie »