Author Topic: Anybody had laser eye surgery?  (Read 2990 times)

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
Anybody had laser eye surgery?
« on: 15 October 2017, 17:33 »
Hi guy's I have been trying to find some real reviews for laser surgery and its a minefield, has anybody got any experience good or bad as i am looking for advice.
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Anybody had laser eye surgery?
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2017, 17:50 »
Had mine done nearly 15 years ago and still got 20 20 vision. What I do struggle with and this was a problem before surgery is night time driving or more specifically dusk. I don't need glasses to drive but I've found the anti glare coating helps with light bounce on signs etc. I'm starting to get an astigmatism again so I've now got a very very small correction for my glasses. Where are you thinking of going? You'd be better doing your research on the place and the surgeon who will perform the surgery as everyone is different. Follow to the letter what they say about after care ie using drops and not staining your eyes and you'll be fine. All these adverts saying I got it done in my lunchtime and went to back work are total bo44ocks. Anything else you want to know just ask 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2017, 17:59 »
Thanks mcmaddy, would you use the same company again? Did you have issues after that needed to be rectified? Recovery time? And if possible a recommendation north east or north Yorkshire....cheers
« Last Edit: 15 October 2017, 18:16 by buddfridge »

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2017, 19:16 »
Cheers mate, can you choose to have it done again?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2017, 19:37 »
They don't recommend doing it twice and to be honest you're increasing the potential for things to go wrong trying again. Unfortunately I can't use the same company as they closed but I didn't have any issues afterwards at all. Had mine done mid morning, was home just after lunchtime and then slept right through until the next morning. Woke up and had perfect vision, happy days. I think I had a week off work and then went back after that. Just used eye drops to stop any dry eyes which can be an issue. If I was doing it again I would be going to the Eye Infirmary in Sunderland where I live.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #5 on: 15 October 2017, 19:43 »
Had mine done nearly 10 years ago. Anyone I spoke to said what a great job it was. However, they were all short sighted. I was long sighted. Correcting that is a bigger operation. One of my eyes was relatively good. However, it was recommended to get them both done at the same time. That was a mistake. This left me short sighted and unable to drive for 3 weeks. For several years my distance vision was a little blurry. My near vision was/is pin sharp. The opposite of what it used to be.

Would I recommend it? Yes, but I was not made aware there would be any down side.

Strangely, I think my distance vision is still improving.

Have you considered lens replacement? More expensive, but apparently lasts a lifetime.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6 on: 15 October 2017, 19:47 »
My wife is having lens replacement very shortly.
It’s expensive but the best option if you want the best results.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 15 October 2017, 19:53 »
Had mines done 10 years ago,I’m now 46 and still 20/20 optician thinks I will need reading glasses in the next few years as the small print is getting a bit trickier but that’s the normal ageing process.

Only regrets is not getting it done earlier.

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 15 October 2017, 20:49 »
Thanks all great info