Author Topic: Future First Time GTI owner - Hi ALL  (Read 2147 times)

Offline glorioso2299

• Not said much yet
  • LOVING Father , Sport&History NUT ,PROUD GTI owner
Future First Time GTI owner - Hi ALL
« on: 30 September 2017, 21:50 »
Hi all ,

Waiting on delivery of my new 7.5 "facelift" GTI 230BHP DSG in WHITE SILVER . Extremely excited as have always wanted a GIT but never had the opportunity until now .

Few questions any advise / help would be welcome !

1. Build week confirmed 23/10/17(Week 43)  - How long does the build last and when can I expect the car to be in the UK ?

2. WHITE SILVER   - Pulled the trigger on this colour without actually seeing it in person  , quite confident Ill be happy with it based on reviews and Youtube videos but it looks different in everyone  :laugh: ! Has anyone seen one or does someone have one...?

Looking forward to your replies !

7.5 GTI  DSG White Silver

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Future First Time GTI owner - Hi ALL
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2017, 11:35 »
Welcome! If you go to the MK7 section there is a very long running thread on build weeks and how long a car takes to delivery (particularly at the moment for PP models). As for the colour, there is also a thread on that too!

Come and join in, there are lots of knowledgeable and helpful people and plenty willing to offer their opinion :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline glorioso2299

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 10 October 2017, 19:39 »
Thanks for the reply and tips will defo look into those threads !

Offline Ainsworth

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2017, 17:03 »
I have one on order too, due at dealer 27th November, nearly went for the White Silver myself but eventually went for Isaac Blue.
Great colour is White Silver, really suits the car, proper head turning colour  :smiley:

Offline glorioso2299

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2017, 21:20 »
I have one on order too, due at dealer 27th November, nearly went for the White Silver myself but eventually went for Isaac Blue.
Great colour is White Silver, really suits the car, proper head turning colour  :smiley:

whats your build week > mine is 23/10 so from Monday ...been waiting almost 2 months and dont know how much longer I can hold out ..finally saw a white silver GolfR and was relieved ...cant say i was blown away but it has something to it ..definitely different !

Offline Tricky Red

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2017, 22:17 »

Same as me Ainsworth! I'm picking up my Isaac Blue GTD on 2nd Nov, I only ordered it at the begining of the month but it's a lease and they already had it in waiting  :smiley:

Offline glorioso2299

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 23 October 2017, 20:16 »
Well my build week is here and app has'nt moved ....contacted VW chat and the guy said it can take 10 working days to build :) wonder if her was hi !!?? Anyone else had simliar experiences ...when do you see the progress on the app or can it actually take 10 days LOL