Author Topic: Bluefin now works on ALL mk7's  (Read 5015 times)

Offline wesbar

• Not said much yet
Bluefin now works on ALL mk7's
« on: 13 August 2017, 21:49 »
Hi. Apologies if this has been posted already but I just noticed that the super chips bluefin now works on all mk7's and not just pre 2015 cars. Seriously tempted to turn my mk7 into a clubsport! Has anyone any experience of this updated version? Will this be detectable by the dealer if i flash back to stock for servicing?
Mk7 Golf GTI, DSG, CSG, Performance Pack, Santiago's, App Connect, Park Assist, 90% Tints

Offline jonny2410

• Not said much yet
Re: Bluefin now works on ALL mk7's
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2017, 08:13 »
I am looking to do the same thing on my Mk7.5 GTI when I get used to the power! Shame, because at the moment they are on sale.

But yes, it will 100% be detectable by VW, even once it is taken off. It is a risk you take for the performance.

The crucial factor really is whether the remap has a toll on the mechanical components of the car over time, or if it this toll is negligible enough to risk your own warranty. (detection of a remap will invalidate your drive train warranty).
« Last Edit: 14 August 2017, 08:35 by jonny2410 »

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2017, 08:33 »
Hi. Apologies if this has been posted already but I just noticed that the super chips bluefin now works on all mk7's and not just pre 2015 cars. Seriously tempted to turn my mk7 into a clubsport! Has anyone any experience of this updated version? Will this be detectable by the dealer if i flash back to stock for servicing?

Yes it will be detectable, regardless whether its mapped on or taken off - they can see it was mapped.

Yes it will invalidate any warranty you may have left.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2017, 11:09 »

Yes it will be detectable, regardless whether its mapped on or taken off - they can see it was mapped.

Yes it will invalidate any warranty you may have left.

It doesn't invalidate the warranty, they have to prove that the part/s failed because of the remap.
I've had this in the past with a broken driveshaft, they refused to cover it so I had my solicitor ask VW UK for proof that the map was the main cause of the part failing and like the independent technician we got they could not prove that the map was the main cause of the problem. VW paid the costs to both my solicitor and the technician.

You just need to be savvy about your rights and have a good solicitor which in my case is a friend.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2017, 11:28 »
I think you got lucky there and also that the part that failed isn't as directly impacted in quite such a way to a power increase such as a turbo or pistons would be, would it?

Albeit the T&Cs don't explicitly state "Chipping your car will void warranty" there are 2 areas it could be applied too -

• Damage caused by your failure to take all reasonable steps to prevent mechanical damage from occurring, for example, taking appropriate action in the event of warning lights appearing.
  • Damage or defects caused by improper use of the vehicle, neglect, or use of the vehicle for motor sports activities.

More so the first, preventing mechanical damage from happening. However, if the likes of superchips can attest that they have proof that the cars engine parts directly impacted have the tolerances to cater for the modification then I'd be a lot more comfortable than risking it.

Offline wesbar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2017, 14:32 »
Thanks for the replies. Do they pick up the fact that it has been chipped during regular servicing or would they have to go specifically looking for it?

Still got 2 years warranty so might just wait another year or so.
Mk7 Golf GTI, DSG, CSG, Performance Pack, Santiago's, App Connect, Park Assist, 90% Tints

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2017, 14:35 »
From what I've heard, it's an automatic check as soon as they plug it into the system to upload updates etc.

Google "VW TD1 Flag", should give loads more detail.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 14 August 2017, 16:02 »
As far as I know, in order for the dealership to obtain VW authorisation for any warranty work, you have to upload a diagnostic dump to the VW system. This data is a full readout on the car which is reviewed both automatically and manually before the authorisation is given.... at this point it *could* detect your map/tuning box either currently or previously installed.

I'd suggest that if the problem is something like a blown turbo it would come into consideration, but not for a broken windscreen washer pump...

But VW definitely do review all warranty claims electronically.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline wesbar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 14 August 2017, 16:13 »
Can they detect a pedalbox? Just had mine serviced and turned this off. Worried that this might leave a trace now!

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 14 August 2017, 16:44 »
Can they detect a pedalbox? Just had mine serviced and turned this off. Worried that this might leave a trace now!

No, as it does not change the ecu in any way only the maps that go on top on the original map flag up.