Author Topic: MY 2016 GTD - issues  (Read 2394 times)

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
MY 2016 GTD - issues
« on: 25 June 2017, 13:21 »
Afternoon,

Well, after 18 months and 25k miles, my 2016 GTD has a couple of issues. I raised these with my local VW dealership who didn't really want to invest the time and VW just didn't take me seriously.

MIB2 DiscoverPro
Often find it if has been sat overnight or more than 6 hours it loses DAB reception and DAB isn't shown in the radio band option list. To resolve this i have to do a hard restart of the head unit. I have 15+ videos of me doing a hard restart

Sometimes If i make a call using CarPlay, when i end the call the radio doesn't kick back in. If i try and increase the volume to force the radio to play, it still things i am in a call. To resolve this i have to do a hard restart of the head unit.

Engine
This is the most annoying part....
DPF REGENS!!!!

My daily commute is about 30 miles each way, the majority of which is at motorway speeds. I also do several long journeys a month (circa 200 miles each way) so the DPF does get nice and hot and you would expect there to be little soot in the DPF.

At any point in my journey the DPF regen can start. The car feels a little sluggish and you the revs increase to 1000-1100Rpm when stationary. The problem is it doesn't perform a full regen so isn't captured in the log

Peter Cooper, my local dealer have seen the multiple videos i have of this happening yet they have stated there is nothing in the log and as they are unable to replicate the fault there is little they can do about it.

I'm honestly at the point where my faith in the VW brand is pretty low, after nearly 20 years and 12+ VW's the is the first time i have experienced such apathy towards customer service which considering recent events is surprising.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: MY 2016 GTD - issues
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2017, 13:39 »
In 3 years and 72k miles I never once noticed anything about DPF regens. No sluggishness, no lights, no nothing.

The only funny is the fan raging when you stop sometimes, which isn't actually the regen itself its it trying to cool it down afterwards.

Its not actually a problem is it? The only time you should give a damn is if the DPF warning light comes on - which means it believes the filter is dangerously full because regen hasn't happened.

I don't know why people get so stressed about this.

As for the DiscoPro... two possibilities. Rubbish early version software - quite possible, I think yours must be about the first of the MIB2's. Get the dealer to upgrade the software to the latest version - it is something you can do yourself, but getting the image is hard. Second possibility is that the unit is shagged. Not that uncommon. Try SW first, then HW.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC