Author Topic: Drive the deal (R)  (Read 6458 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Drive the deal (R)
« Reply #10 on: 18 June 2017, 21:46 »
You can get a finance quote before you commit to anything. No need to negotiate with Drive the Deal or the dealer.
7.5 GTD

Offline Olifran

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 18 June 2017, 21:56 »
Ah ok. Good.
Now - MK7.5 R in Pure White with DCC.
Gone - 2014 Mk7 GTI DSG Pure White - Discover Nav - Park Assist - Winter Pack.

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 18 June 2017, 22:02 »
I think DTD prices include driven delivery, but why anyone would do this instead of following Kalimon's advice and making a day of it is beyond me.

I have used them and many friends have, no issues to report.

Do you come clean to the supplying dealer that you have no intention of carrying on the finance and your cancelling the PCP within the 14 days? Or does it not matter?

Keep quiet, the finance is with VWFS not the dealer. You won't gain anything by telling them.

So when you sign up with the supplying dealer, do you have to negotiate or do they come up with the finance offer? I'm not interested in what it will be as I'm settling.

Sorry for all the noob questions 😁

The Dealer you are put in touch with will do a personalised quote for you, just as if you had walked in the front door. The only difference is they will be doing the quotes on the discounted price.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2017, 22:16 by wantmygti »
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Olifran

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 18 June 2017, 22:13 »
Ok. Then I just cancel within the 14 days. How long do you get after that to settle? And are you charged any extra for settling?

I just want to settle on the price quoted on DTD.

Anyone know the current lead times on the mk7.5 R?

Thanks

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 18 June 2017, 22:17 »
You'd need to check the terms, I did the same stunt with Ford and I think the charges and interest totalled about £40, I repaid in full after a day and there was no talk of losing the incentive.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 19 June 2017, 15:30 »
You aren't cancelling the agreement, you are settling in full immediately after taking delivery of the car.  Just ring up VWFS and pay off the amount owing.

I think there are some admin charges for setting up the finance (check the small print) but nothing too much.  Certainly covered by the £1k saving and more
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #16 on: 19 June 2017, 16:14 »
There are no charges and it is perfectly acceptable to do this.
It has been discussed many times on the forum and I did it myself.
When I phoned VWFS to settle in full, I paid them £4.56 in interest :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Olifran

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 19 June 2017, 19:51 »
Thanks for all the responses. So when the supplying dealer phones, shall I just accept any old pcp offer knowing that I'm going to settle up in full shortly after?

Do you need to put down a deposit? And when?

Thanks
Chris

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 19 June 2017, 19:58 »
I got my R through DTD (bought outright) and though DTD took card number for deposit, the actual deposit was paid to the dealer (JCB Medway in South East) over the phone.  Aside from a mammoth wait (way back in 2015), the service from DTD and JCB was excellent.  I collected the car but then l only live a few miles away, but if further afield I would have collected the car and sorted a nice journey home as a way to get to know the car.  Good luck with your order.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 19 June 2017, 20:02 »
You aren't cancelling the agreement, you are settling in full immediately after taking delivery of the car.  Just ring up VWFS and pay off the amount owing.

I think there are some admin charges for setting up the finance (check the small print) but nothing too much.  Certainly covered by the £1k saving and more

You are exercising your right of withdrawal from the finance agreement. The charges are £2.99 per day.