Author Topic: My white Match with added black bits  (Read 7309 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
My white Match with added black bits
« on: 16 June 2017, 15:45 »
I had the first bit of the black 'enhancement' done to the white Golf today. The back half of the roof wrapped in gloss black to continue on from the pan roof.

« Last Edit: 23 June 2017, 11:32 by dubber36 »
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: My white Match with it's black roof
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2017, 15:52 »
Nice job, looks really smart. Are you going to do the mirror caps too?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2017, 15:55 »
Yes, mirror caps, the 'blade' under the front foglights and a rear bumper top protector. Black 17" wheels will follow once I've decided which ones.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2017, 16:32 »
Do you think though that just black wheels might be a bit too much? Perhaps black with silver highlights? What engine have you gone for?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2017, 17:03 »
Very smart.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2017, 20:04 »
Do you think though that just black wheels might be a bit too much? Perhaps black with silver highlights? What engine have you gone for?

One of Jo's mates has a white Fabia with a black roof, mirrors and wheels which works really well. Black with silver highlights could work too, but that would most probably mean diamond cut. I really don't want to go down that road again.

Engine wise, it's a 1.6 110 diesel with DSG. Dull, but does the job. Sometimes you have to take a backwards step. If each car is replaced with something more expensive and faster, there comes a point where there is nowhere realistically to go.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2017, 20:24 »

One of Jo's mates has a white Fabia with a black roof, mirrors and wheels which works really well. Black with silver highlights could work too, but that would most probably mean diamond cut. I really don't want to go down that road again.

Engine wise, it's a 1.6 110 diesel with DSG. Dull, but does the job. Sometimes you have to take a backwards step. If each car is replaced with something more expensive and faster, there comes a point where there is nowhere realistically to go.

A mate has the same engined Golf with DSG, I was impressed with the performance and the quality which was the clincher in going for my GTI. Don't blame you with the diamond cut, love them but there are certainly disadvantages!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #7 on: 16 June 2017, 20:51 »
Roof looks good  :smiley:

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2017, 21:24 »
Like the detailing on the spoiler

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 16 June 2017, 21:31 »
That's a funny looking GTI....   :shocked: #golfgtiforum
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey