Author Topic: *36 sec* Why the Golf GTi is better than the R *ironic*  (Read 14518 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: *36 sec* Why the Golf GTi is better than the R *ironic*
« Reply #60 on: 14 June 2017, 08:21 »
unless your family come from a certain 'ethnic/lifestyle' background who are free to do as they please and it's impossible/illegal to criticise them.

I know where you can get just such a caravan.  :wink: :grin:

Being Irish I know where I can get a load of such caravans  :smiley:

I can imagine. I've had first hand experience of pavees.

That is racist :smiley: but I'm Irish so I suppose it doesn't count as racism  :whistle:

On the contrary, it's not a racist term, but is in fact the term by which certain groups of Irish Traveller wish to be referred by.  I was enlightened by such groups during a number of court hearings and a traveller seminar.  :smiley:

I was only joking but I thought people called them pavees because they are well know for being the people to not go to if you want paving or tarmac doing.  :embarrassed:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #61 on: 14 June 2017, 09:11 »
^^

Can understand your logic, but it's a traditional term used by the community itself.

://grthm.natt.org.uk/irish-travellers.php

I've had dealings with the family of the lady that wrote the document above and they were insistent on being called pavees.

Anyway, back to tow bars...
« Last Edit: 14 June 2017, 09:15 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #62 on: 14 June 2017, 11:41 »
Referring to OPs original irony post, well sort of. Has Anyone seen todays Autocar :grin: :grin: :cool: Top 50 cars. :cool: R is 4th!!!!!! just below and ahead of silly money machinery, GTI well no comment, but lower than I would have thought. Anyway what do they know, as there was no mention of tow bar capabilities :laugh: :laugh:
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #63 on: 14 June 2017, 13:51 »
Referring to OPs original irony post, well sort of. Has Anyone seen todays Autocar :grin: :grin: :cool: Top 50 cars. :cool: R is 4th!!!!!! just below and ahead of silly money machinery, GTI well no comment, but lower than I would have thought. Anyway what do they know, as there was no mention of tow bar capabilities :laugh: :laugh:
:grin: :grin: :grin: Yes very much of topic in my thread.. :grin: :grin:

I have a more strange thing about the prizing of the R!!

I UK you have a very little diffrent in prize on the R and the GTI-

But in Sweden and many other countrys is the diffrent huge!.

The R is about 9000£ more expensive than the GTI!!!. ( similar option standard )

Therefor is the GTI in my optioon the most value for money Golf thats on Sale ( in Sweden )

But i understand al reviews from UK, when they recomend the R if the prize diffrent is so little...  :sad: :grin:

My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #64 on: 14 June 2017, 14:45 »
But in Sweden and many other countries the price difference is huge!.

The R is about £9000 more expensive than the GTI!!!. ( similar option standard )

Therefor the GTI, in my opinion, is the best value for money Golf that is for Sale ( in Sweden )

But i understand all the reviews from the UK, when they recomend the R as the price difference is so little...  :sad: :grin:
... sorry, I edited you post for clarity. Your English is a million times better than my Swedish :embarrassed:

In the UK the price difference between a GTI and Golf R is about £4,400. Or in my case £3,300 for the GTI Performance. Not hard to see why so many just decide to buy the Golf R.

With all the options I want, my GTI will cost over £35k. Which is more than a Golf R. But the GTI is still the better car (for me).

I wonder why the big price difference in other markets?
« Last Edit: 14 June 2017, 14:54 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #65 on: 14 June 2017, 19:21 »
But in Sweden and many other countries the price difference is huge!.

The R is about £9000 more expensive than the GTI!!!. ( similar option standard )

Therefor the GTI, in my opinion, is the best value for money Golf that is for Sale ( in Sweden )

But i understand all the reviews from the UK, when they recomend the R as the price difference is so little...  :sad: :grin:
... sorry, I edited you post for clarity. Your English is a million times better than my Swedish :embarrassed:

In the UK the price difference between a GTI and Golf R is about £4,400. Or in my case £3,300 for the GTI Performance. Not hard to see why so many just decide to buy the Golf R.

With all the options I want, my GTI will cost over £35k. Which is more than a Golf R. But the GTI is still the better car (for me).

I wonder why the big price difference in other markets?
:grin: Sorry was in a hurry, didn´t had time to check with google translate..

3300 only??. Yes i talk about 9000 between the Performance Pack and the R..:(

But i crazy satisfied with the GTI, what a comfort it has.. :). Something have they done with the facelift when i compare tom my Mk7 GT-13.. :)...or is the DCC som much better now..

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #66 on: 16 June 2017, 20:47 »
Why the Golf GTI is better than the Golf R... really ironic!!!

Last night I was watching Police Interceptors. It featured a Golf R racing away from the police. It also had an new Audi S3 in a accident where the occupants walked away from the car. One officer commented that cars like the Audi S3 were a favourite of criminals. Basically because they are 5 door cars that do not stand out.

Tonight I was watching Cops UK: Bodycam Squad. The cops had a Golf R. :shocked: I recognised it was a Golf R because of the Cadiz alloys. There was a drug driver in an Audi with silver wing mirrors - S3???

So the GTI is less favoured by the police and less sought after by criminals :huh: So the GTI is (ironically) better!

Any wonder the Golf R insurance group has jumped from 33 to 39 :shocked:
« Last Edit: 16 June 2017, 21:13 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #67 on: 19 June 2017, 05:54 »
Why the Golf GTI is better than the Golf R... really ironic!!!

Last night I was watching Police Interceptors. It featured a Golf R racing away from the police. It also had an new Audi S3 in a accident where the occupants walked away from the car. One officer commented that cars like the Audi S3 were a favourite of criminals. Basically because they are 5 door cars that do not stand out.

Tonight I was watching Cops UK: Bodycam Squad. The cops had a Golf R. :shocked: I recognised it was a Golf R because of the Cadiz alloys. There was a drug driver in an Audi with silver wing mirrors - S3???

So the GTI is less favoured by the police and less sought after by criminals :huh: So the GTI is (ironically) better!

Any wonder the Golf R insurance group has jumped from 33 to 39 :shocked:

Interesting! The GTI have always  expensive insurance due to the young people to drive them.

But now is the R more expensive, maybe the R is more liked by the criminals is Swden to.. :grin:

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #68 on: 25 June 2017, 19:28 »
And this is why again.. :grin: :grin:

Celebrate Swedish midsummer with style at the summer house.  :grin: :grin: :grin: