Author Topic: Is the Dynamic Chassis control option worth ticking?  (Read 12242 times)

Offline Madeinireland

• Just got here
Hi,

As per the title currently considering options and don't want the costs to run out of control.

Is it really worth it? I have a friend who has owned lots of GTI's and is happy to run with standard settings so he obviously doesn't think so.

Is the DCC one of those options that is a novelty for a short while and then you just leave it alone and effectively have just wasted nearly a grand or a vital option that you really need to get the car just right.

Your views appreciated.

Thanks...

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Is the Dynamic Chassis control option worth ticking?
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2017, 20:35 »
I've never tried it but standard setup even on 19s is much better than my previous car. Perhaps the quality of your local roads might be the deciding factor.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2017, 20:42 »
Is it really worth it? I have a friend who has owned lots of GTI's and is happy to run with standard settings so he obviously doesn't think so.
Is it really worth it? The answer is - it depends!

It depends on the cars you have driven previously and what suspension you are used to. Then it depends on the quality of roads you drive and your driving style.

DCC is at the very top of my options list, but I drive some really bad roads. Personally, I would not have another performance Golf without adjustable suspension.

Some people will tell you it does not make much difference. I think it really does make a big difference. :rolleyes:

Edit: I sometimes put my Mk6 Adaptive Chassis Control into sport mode. If I forget to change it back I am usually sitting at some point on my way home thinking 'this road is really terrible' before I remember.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2017, 07:46 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2017, 20:58 »
I think the standard set up on my GTI is perfect but I have 18'' wheels so that could be the reason.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2017, 21:45 »
I've got the DCC on standard 18s and it's really good. Gives you a choice depending on how you feel and what roads your on.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2017, 05:50 »
Yes!, it´s a big diffrent!

Crazy what a ride comfort in comfortmode . Then in sport, it is like a racecar. STIFF  :grin:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2017, 07:30 »
I think its great, but is is 900 quid great?

Hard to say really!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2017, 08:18 »
If you intend on keeping your car for a number of years and you drive on UK roads (e.g. third world quality) then I would say it's a worthwhile option
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2017, 08:43 »
I would spec it again, had it on my mk7 2.0 TDI estate and the ride was so much better than the mk7 GTD I have now (where I sadly did not have the possibility to spec). Also makes a difference if you intent to corner hard.

Needless to say the area I live in has some of the most pothole infested roads in the world (I have been to developing nations with better roads).
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2017, 09:07 »
I would spec it again, had it on my mk7 2.0 TDI estate and the ride was so much better than the mk7 GTD I have now.
I wonder how many people who have DCC would want to go back to a car without it :huh:

I was reading a comment on another forum. The guy said that he was young enough that the firm ride didn't bother him. Luckily I'm old enough I can afford DCC :grin:

I had a Mk7 GTD without DCC for a weekend test drive. Even my wife noticed the difference :shocked: And my current car is a Mk6 with the old DCC system. Though my car has 17inch alloys and Goodyear AS2 tyres - which help make it more comfortable. Though when I press sport mode - jiggle, jiggle, bump, jiggle, jiggle, bump.

The new MQB chassis and more advanced DCC system should be even better at smoothing things out. Though at the end of the day it is still sports suspension with low profile 18 inch tyres. So I am not expecting miracles.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS