Author Topic: Anything wrong with red?  (Read 3915 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: Anything wrong with red?
« Reply #20 on: 23 May 2017, 21:47 »
I'm sure they are a decent enough wheel and will be loved by many, but they are not for me.
Thats my last word on the Parker alloys.......I think  :grin:
I have seen them in the flesh and they look much better than the photos. What if your wife likes the Parker alloys when she sees a GTI?

Sing after me, "There may be trouble ahead..." :whistle:
« Last Edit: 23 May 2017, 21:49 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 23 May 2017, 21:53 »
I'm aware that in the past red cars tended to fade in colour but I thought that was not an issue these days.

Was that primarily a Vauxhall problem. Even the Vauxhall mail vans faded to pink. I never noticed any of the older VW or Audi cars with faded red paint.

I always liked red Golfs, but thought it was a colour for a younger person. At the weekend I saw a Mk7 red GTD and R. My first thought was - they look good in that colour. :cool: It's a really eye-catching colour.

Correct; it was due to them not having clear-coat.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #22 on: 23 May 2017, 22:31 »
I'm sure they are a decent enough wheel and will be loved by many, but they are not for me.
Thats my last word on the Parker alloys.......I think  :grin:
I have seen them in the flesh and they look much better than the photos. What if your wife likes the Parker alloys when she sees a GTI?

Sing after me, "There may be trouble ahead..." :whistle:
She's decided to get an evoque. Only other car she likes the look of although it's completely different to a Golf :rolleyes:
I can't say I'm particularly happy with her decision but it's her money and the end of the day.
A friend of mine has just swapped his BMW 520d for the new Audi A4 3.0 V6 272bhp diesel and I wish she'd get one of those instead :drool:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16