Author Topic: Pedalbox - remove or switch off for service?  (Read 5444 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Pedalbox - remove or switch off for service?
« on: 22 May 2017, 17:30 »
Second service tomorrow morning, so do I remove the pedal box or just switch it off? It's been in for work a couple of times and I left it attached but off but not sure if they plugged the car in or not. Please, no answers on a postcard, service is at 1130 tomorrow!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
Re: Pedalbox - remove or switch off for service?
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2017, 17:35 »
Second service tomorrow morning, so do I remove the pedal box or just switch it off? It's been in for work a couple of times and I left it attached but off but not sure if they plugged the car in or not. Please, no answers on a postcard, service is at 1130 tomorrow!

Hi Peter

I asked the same question prior to mine going for its 1st service Rebecca recommended just turn it off as far as I'm aware I've not heard of anyone having any problems when cars in for service and it's turned off  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2017, 17:45 »
Cheers Neil, exactly what I wanted to hear, can't bear the thought of driving there and back with it disconnected :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2017, 18:00 »
Cheers Neil, exactly what I wanted to hear, can't bear the thought of driving there and back with it disconnected :laugh:

No problem Peter enjoy the drive both ways with a smile  :grin:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2017, 18:47 »

Just don't forget to switch it off when you get there............and remember to tell them not to wash your car! :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2017, 18:59 »
When I was booking my car in e went for a drive to hear the rattles and other problems and as we were leaving a roundabout the guy asked me what dtuk box I had fitted :laugh:

He asked if I had heard of the peddle box, I smiled and he asked what setting I had it on. Not all service managers are 'difficult'

Just turn it off and put a cloth in the(what do people call the box) to cover it up.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2017, 19:00 »
I left mine switched on and they never mentioned it.
Just damaged my wheel :whistle:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2017, 19:34 »

Just don't forget to switch it off when you get there............and remember to tell them not to wash your car! :smiley:

I am worried I will forget....
No wash instruction already given and when they left a message today to confirm my booking they mentioned it :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2017, 19:40 »
When I was booking my car in e went for a drive to hear the rattles and other problems and as we were leaving a roundabout the guy asked me what dtuk box I had fitted :laugh:

He asked if I had heard of the peddle box, I smiled and he asked what setting I had it on. Not all service managers are 'difficult'

Just turn it off and put a cloth in the(what do people call the box) to cover it up.

Good idea, so, remember to 1 switch it off, 2 take a cloth, 3 deploy 'cloaking device' and 4 reinforce the washing ban....

That was a bugger, sorted yet?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2017, 19:48 »

Good idea, so, remember to 1 switch it off, 2 take a cloth, 3 deploy 'cloaking device' and 4 reinforce the washing ban....

That was a bugger, sorted yet?

Actually Watts you forgot to mention a rain dance so he can get the car to the dealer clean so that they can see that there is no marks on it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17