Author Topic: Golf GTi 7.5 Service Intervals  (Read 1950 times)

Offline sukrw

• Not said much yet
Golf GTi 7.5 Service Intervals
« on: 22 May 2017, 13:08 »
Hi all,

Does anyone know, are the service intervals on the 7.5 golf gti every 2 years (long life) or every 12 months as standard?

Thanks in advance

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: Golf GTi 7.5 Service Intervals
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2017, 13:14 »
Think all VW car's come out of the factory set to Flexible interval servicing (max 2 years as you say). I always ask mine to be set back to Time and Distance on collecting the car as they did with my current GTD, as I never want to go 2 years between servicing and I got the free service pack thrown in anyway, so need it doing every year.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline sukrw

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2017, 14:41 »
Thank you.

I have just taken the plunge, reserved the car and taken the 2 year service plan with them so that will cover the servicing.

OMG what have I done!

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2017, 15:29 »
Thank you.

I have just taken the plunge, reserved the car and taken the 2 year service plan with them so that will cover the servicing.

OMG what have I done!

Bought a car that you like, want and will give you joy and a sense of smugness (from knowing you've bought probably the best and most complete car in its class) each and every time you drive it??
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline sukrw

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2017, 16:02 »
I do hope I like it. Been an Audi brand man for many years.

I test drove the facelift gti DSG and was very pleased with the drive. Not bonkers quick but enough to put a smile on the face.

Been trying and trying to find a dealer that had an unregistered one in stock or coming in to avoid the 12-16 week wait and finally got the one I wanted (not optioned out but enough) in the colour/doors/gearbox that was top of the list.

Should get it mid June. Hurrah!!!

Everyone I have spoken to who has had one has loved it so fingers crossed for me it will prove just as rewarding

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2017, 16:05 »

I test drove the facelift gti DSG and was very pleased with the drive. Not bonkers quick but enough to put a smile on the face.

Been trying and trying to find a dealer that had an unregistered one in stock or coming in to avoid the 12-16 week wait and finally got the one I wanted (not optioned out but enough) in the colour/doors/gearbox that was top of the list.

Everyone I have spoken to who has had one has loved it so fingers crossed for me it will prove just as rewarding

It's a pity Audi don't have (aren't allowed) a GTi equivalent of the A3. I like the A3 and certainly would have looked at an equivalent.

What colour / specification have you managed to secure?
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2017, 16:38 »

My last car was an Audi and that was my leaning when looking for my current car. I'd have gone for an A3 but didn't like the interior. Very, very happy with my GTI, doesn't feel as well built as my Audi did but so far it has been more reliable and that slight flimsiness I think is common these days as makers strive for cost reductions but also in that the strength of the car is in the basic shell and the outer panels don't need to be such a heavy gauge any more. I also think that the VW is a more fun car than the A3 with the nice touches like the tartan trim and golf ball gear knob and it's things like that that I enjoy every time I get in. Slightly controversial but do consider a pedalbox, it improves throttle response and makes the car feel like it's discarded 100kg - insurers seem not to mind so long as you declare it and the car feels really perky! So, in summary and assuming you've made it this far, I reckon you're going to love it :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline sukrw

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2017, 22:10 »
Aww thanks guys. Good comments. Guess time will tell but I'm very much looking forward to it. I had the S3 and loved that car which I guess is their gti version.

I enquirerd about a tuning box in another Audi with my insurance company and it was only about £50 a year increase so yes I will keep that in mind for when I get used to the car and want to pep it up a bit!

It's a pure white 3 door with 19" wheels and full leather trim. Other than that no other options but it comes with so much stuff as standard it makes Audi look bad! Even climate control on the new style TT is an option! Disgusting.

First ever brand new car! Exciting