Author Topic: Revo stage 1 map GTI mk7  (Read 14146 times)

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
Re: Revo stage 1 map GTI mk7
« Reply #10 on: 18 May 2017, 20:12 »
How much would this increase insurance by (percentage terms)?  What about reliability?  To get similar figures out of the R VW had to modify the head and possibly the pistons, and use a bigger turbo.  If they didn't have to do that I'm sure they wouldn't have gone to the trouble.  Can the map be reversed when you sell the car?
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 18 May 2017, 20:20 »

^^^ i'll second that ^^^

I got in touch with a revo installer just a mile down the road from me the other day, and he said the power gained would be somewhere between 310-325hp so your numbers are nearly the same as the ones I was quoted, but I think ill wait another 2 years until the warranty has ran out, as knowing my luck something would give and it would be down to the revo map causing it,

Either way, if you remapped your car whilst under warranty and your turbo blew you'd have to pay for it. If you were out of warranty then you would still have to pay for it. Why wait? :whistle:

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2017, 20:24 »
Was the wheel hopping just from spinning up due to the extra power and it not putting it down?

I wasn't getting much wheel spin probably because It was at Santapod and it was a very sticky track ,here is the video Of what happened ,the camera that I was using did have image stabilisation.

https://youtu.be/1ZANbsFAu_s

« Last Edit: 18 May 2017, 20:26 by gazmondo35 »
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2017, 20:41 »
When I had a stage 1 revo on my mk7 gti it was very impressive ,I never did get it on the rolling road to  confirm the power ,but it seemed faster than my mk7 R which I have now , but word of warning get the bottom Engine mount upgraded ,because I broke mine due too excessive wheel hopping & ended up with a 10k warranty claim .

How did you get on with a warranty claim on a remapped car?

It was at agonising three-week wait to get the car fixed,the dealer told me that  Volkswagen themselves would have to assess it because of the value of the repair ,I was sure they would plug it in &find the map. Even after it was repaired the dealer had it for another three days for extra testing & nothing was said.i even got the car back with the map still on it.

The damage to the car was new dsg , catalytic converter , radiator & some lover bit & bobs
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline Burger81

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2017, 21:09 »
You would have thought they would have driven it at some point and someone would have thought dam this is faster than a normal gti!???

Madness! Not sure that would give me any faith in the mechanics that they couldn't notice it had a remap!

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #15 on: 18 May 2017, 21:41 »
It's not always easy to tell if a car is remapped when driven sensibly, believe it or not the majority of mechanics are very respectful of other people's property and won't give a car the beans unless it is specifically required for testing purposes... add to that we are living in the age of dash cameras and tracking devices most would rather keep their job than go for a joyride.

As for the "numbers" don't dwell on them too much. Variations from dyno to dyno aside a stock Mk7 GTI makes around 300bhp on any of the big name maps. There are Revo maps tailored for manual cars with a less aggressive torque delivery, I honestly couldn't tell you how many I've done, must be 25+ and never had any clutch issues. I've installed Revo maps on even more Golf Rs and I can only think of one that had clutch issues, but he was going stage 2 anyway and an uprated clutch was already on his shopping list.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 18 May 2017, 21:44 »
It's not always easy to tell if a car is remapped when driven sensibly, believe it or not the majority of mechanics are very respectful of other people's property and won't give a car the beans unless it is specifically required for testing purposes... add to that we are living in the age of dash cameras and tracking devices most would rather keep their job than go for a joyride.

As for the "numbers" don't dwell on them too much. Variations from dyno to dyno aside a stock Mk7 GTI makes around 300bhp on any of the big name maps. There are Revo maps tailored for manual cars with a less aggressive torque delivery, I honestly couldn't tell you how many I've done, must be 25+ and never had any clutch issues. I've installed Revo maps on even more Golf Rs and I can only think of one that had clutch issues, but he was going stage 2 anyway and an uprated clutch was already on his shopping list.

Totally agree.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Burger81

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 19 May 2017, 05:39 »
Ok thanks. So essential mods when getting a stage 1 are bottom engine mounts as well.

Any recommendations for good makes of these? Is this quite an expensive mod?

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #18 on: 19 May 2017, 08:07 »
Ok thanks. So essential mods when getting a stage 1 are bottom engine mounts as well.

I have one of these fitted, very effective and good value imho.
https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/034motorsport/034motorsport-billet-aluminium-mqb-dogbone-mount-insert/

BTW i have a REVO stage 1 map on my CS and it's putting out 370bhp and 330 ft/lbs. It's manual and has done 3k miles now since the map and going great...  :wink:
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #19 on: 19 May 2017, 13:36 »

I have one of these fitted, very effective and good value imho.
https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/034motorsport/034motorsport-billet-aluminium-mqb-dogbone-mount-insert/

BTW i have a REVO stage 1 map on my CS and it's putting out 370bhp and 330 ft/lbs. It's manual and has done 3k miles now since the map and going great...  :wink:

I've got one of these as well on my GTI PP (with DTUK tuning box) and it definitely improves the wheel hopping (although it doesn't completely eliminate it) - the only thing is you need to get under your car before ordering it to see which version you need. I ended up putting my mobile phone on the self timer and sliding it under the car on a bit of wood to take a photo of it.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!