Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142037 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Does anyone know the part number of the CSS gear shifter mechanism?

Is it an audi S3 part or similar or just a regular GTI part? I had an S3 one on my mk6 and it was very good.

Also has anyone ever seen a dyno run of a CSS? its rated at the same as a golf R but has a free flowing exhaust and larger downpipe i think, so surely should be higher?

Thanks
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Clubsport S

• GTI forum regular

Also has anyone ever seen a dyno run of a CSS? its rated at the same as a golf R but has a free flowing exhaust and larger downpipe i think, so surely should be higher?

Thanks

There was a video on the Clubsport S Facebook page a while back, sadly it is no longer available. It showed the dyno run with 323PS. A German car magazine also did feature with a dyno run showing 322PS.

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport

Thanks

First time I hear about a bigger downpipe on the CSS, have you got any link even mentioning this? AFAIK, it has just a bigger pipe connecting the resonator to the muffler which itself does not yield any extra power.

There was a video on the Clubsport S Facebook page a while back, sadly it is no longer available. It showed the dyno run with 323PS. A German car magazine also did feature with a dyno run showing 322PS.

Dyno runs can show whatever you fancy. Especially one off runs without any other reference (before/after or other cars on the same conditions on the same dyno) can be even more random. Leon Cupra has also made over 320bhp in some dynos. How accurate is that is anyone's guess...

Offline Clubsport S

• GTI forum regular

[/quote]

Dyno runs can show whatever you fancy. Especially one off runs without any other reference (before/after or other cars on the same conditions on the same dyno) can be even more random. Leon Cupra has also made over 320bhp in some dynos. How accurate is that is anyone's guess...
[/quote]

There were some back to back comparisons with the regular Clubsport on the same dyno. I appreciate there will be variations. Sorry if the posting was of no interest or relevance.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
I spotted a Urano Clubsport yesterday going in the opposite direction to me.
I wonder if it’s the same car I spotted a few times in 2016 in Devon.
There can’t be many Urano cars about and I wonder if it is/was a leased one.
Are there many Urano Clubsport owners on here?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
There were some back to back comparisons with the regular Clubsport on the same dyno. I appreciate there will be variations. Sorry if the posting was of no interest or relevance.

:huh:   I did not imply it was of no interest nor relevance, why would you assume that? 

Just stating that it is not uncommon to have the same car on two different dynos and see over 20bhp of difference, simply because of the nature of how most wheel dynos measure.   A comparison between two cars on the same dyno, on the same day, is a bit more interesting, again not in regards of the actual numbers but to the differences between them.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
I thought I read somewhere the downpipe was different on the CSS and that’s why it crackles and pops more but can’t find where I read it.

Found anouther forum with various part numbers and it looks to actually be the same part as the golf R.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Jonny Baddeley

• Just got here
Evening folks. First post. Just put a deposit down on the car in the link below. It's replacing my wife's Skoda Yeti as our family vehicle. I've owned several golfs, mk3 VR6 Highline, mk 4 gt tdi, edition 30 and ran Ann eArly 7 golf R. First foray into lazy auto but I think it's the way to go for my better half and it's about time I tried one.   Looking forward to comparing it with the R and seeing if I notice the 100kg difference. The R was however like a scalextric car, just gripped and went. Anyway it's not mine really, I've got rwd toys to play with and a battered 306 gti6 track car which wags it tail on lift off with aplomb. Is there a dedicated ed 40 page anywhere. The FB Page is very quiet.

http://www.furnesspark.co.uk/used-cars/8401104-volkswagen-golf-2.0-gti-clubsport-edition-40-dsg-5-door-reserved/

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Evening folks. First post. Just put a deposit down on the car in the link below. It's replacing my wife's Skoda Yeti as our family vehicle. I've owned several golfs, mk3 VR6 Highline, mk 4 gt tdi, edition 30 and ran Ann eArly 7 golf R. First foray into lazy auto but I think it's the way to go for my better half and it's about time I tried one.   Looking forward to comparing it with the R and seeing if I notice the 100kg difference. The R was however like a scalextric car, just gripped and went. Anyway it's not mine really, I've got rwd toys to play with and a battered 306 gti6 track car which wags it tail on lift off with aplomb. Is there a dedicated ed 40 page anywhere. The FB Page is very quiet.

http://www.furnesspark.co.uk/used-cars/8401104-volkswagen-golf-2.0-gti-clubsport-edition-40-dsg-5-door-reserved/

Nice car! Welcome aboard.

I saw one in that colour parked in my local Sainsbury's on Monday. Had I been in mine then what would the chances have been of two Clubsports in one car park in backwater Devon at the same time? Answers on a postcard.

This is the dedicated ED40 page, make the most of it!!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet

Gorgeous! I'm biased about the colour though of course :-)

Yeh this is pretty much the place to discuss all things CS, enjoy and welcome.
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #670
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.