Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 141018 times)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Thank's, that was what I have seen up to now, I just wondered if I had seen the ones without.

That's a bit of a pain, I habitually use the front sensors, it's hardly a weight saving measure on the CS40 if you can order a 5 door with sunroof!

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
Yea its definitely a strange one mate, maybe something to do with the different shape front bumper?
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
It must be to do with bumper shape or just plain cost cutting.
Because of the low numbers made VW won't have bothered engineering in anything that would have cost them much.
The specs on the cars are odd.
Ambient with leather but not with normal cloth seats.
No winter pack with normal cloth seats.
Hit and miss whether you get red edged belts...
And so it goes on.

The only ones I've seen photos of with front bumper sensors were retro-fitted. Apparently an easy job and a good idea if it's a daily driver. There are lots of things sticking out of the front bumper that are easily damaged if you're a bit tight on space. I tend to try and leave about a six foot gap when manoeuvring!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
Hello - new member and owner of no. 645 - DSG white with 19" Pretoria (and semi-slicks - yikes!), tech pack, keyless, 90% tint, leather seats, but no red trim seat belts nor ambient lighting (as far as I can tell)...

Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Hello - new member and owner of no. 645 - DSG white with 19" Pretoria (and semi-slicks - yikes!), tech pack, keyless, 90% tint, leather seats, but no red trim seat belts nor ambient lighting (as far as I can tell)...

That is one stunning looking car. I'm slightly jealous to be honest :cool:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Weird how the UK cars don't have the red trim on the seatbelts. All the Irish cars I've seen have that, regardless of spec / seats.
The lack of ambient lighting would annoy me - you'd wonder why the hell that was omitted.

Gorgeous looking car regardless though  :cool:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline wantmygti

• I live here

Welcome to the club!
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular

Welcome to the forum. Fantastic looking motor you have there, very nice.  :smiley:
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
Thank you for the kind comments. Less than a week in but very happy so far - first ever VW and first hot hatch for many years. After a slightly dull 18 months with an S4, I'm hoping to recreate the fun and excitement from my Mk2 Peugeot 106 Rallye days back in the late 1990's!
Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others

Offline Mikea

• Not said much yet
The red trim seat belts only seem to come with the bucket seats option in the UK and as far as I am aware the ambient lights are not fitted to the clubsport(weight saving probably)
Sold 2021 : 2016 5dr GTi Clubsport Edition 40 DSG - No. 403
Tornado Red, Dynamic Chassis Control, Rear View Camera and 19" Brescia Alloys

Up! Gti Red 5 door, park and cruise, city emergency pack, climate control and 5 year warranty