Author Topic: DCC  (Read 2068 times)

Offline GTDING

• Not said much yet
DCC
« on: 29 March 2017, 19:04 »
HI all again

As we bought our car from stock, rather than actually ordering it from the factory, I am not sure as to whether it has the DCC suspension. What should I be looking for, in the interior to see if our car has this feature? The shock absorbers have the makers name on: SACHS, on a sticker with other writing from VW, a date etc..

So we've been playing with the 'driving modes' and in each mode; Eco, Normal, Sport and Individual, it has Steering, Drive, ACC, Corning Lights, AC, Engine Sound. That's all! The only one I am not sure of what it does is DRIVE?

So does it sound like my car has the DCC? Thanks.

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
Re: DCC
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2017, 19:30 »
If it has DCC you will have a 'Comfort' option in the list. Looks like you don't have DCC.  :wink:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2017, 19:43 »
Drive is throttle mapping and you don't have dcc from what you've said
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GTDING

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2017, 21:38 »
Thanks guys. I guess I only have 'stiff' mode on my suspension then! Still impressed that it has Sachs dampers. I recall from my boy racer days of yesteryear, that they were quite the shock absorbers to change your car over to. One of the top brands along with Bilstein and quite expensive. Not sure how they compare now, to Koni/Bilstein now though...

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2017, 22:33 »
Standard suspension is great on the mk7 gtd/I/r. It is however even better with DCC 😃
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2017, 07:13 »
The standard suspension on the GTI is perfect for me.
DCC is another thing to mess about with until you realise that you only actually need one setting 99% of the time : )
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2017, 09:58 »
Standard suspension is great on the mk7 gtd/I/r. It is however even better with DCC 😃

^^^
Agree.

Whichever mode you choose for the conditions and your mood the advantage is that its Dynamic within that particular mode.

Its an option I would certainly have again..

Offline GTDING

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2017, 20:01 »

^^^
Agree.

Whichever mode you choose for the conditions and your mood the advantage is that its Dynamic within that particular mode.

Its an option I would certainly have again..

How does it work? :smiley:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2017, 20:16 »
Even in normal mode the suspension is actively working and not just on an axle but each wheel independently. Comfort mode is good for wafting along on a motorway and sport mode if you fancy a bit of spirited driving. You also have the advantage of individual mode which lets you pick individual settings for engine, throttle, suspension and a few more for good measure.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.