Author Topic: 2016 MK7 Golf R (1st facelift) - Dynaudio Settings  (Read 6714 times)

Offline adekil

• GTI forum regular
I know there was another post somewhere about peoples settings on Dynaudio but there were very few settings posted and the topic went off track about MP3 bit rates etc...

So i'm posting this again checking what people have set there Dynaudio settings to and what they expected to achieve from those settings, I.E more BASS, less BASS, more clarity etc...

I am like a lot previous posters on the MK7 sound system and agree the factory speakers are actually very very good and so far in the R with Dynaudio I haven't found it to be much or any better so I am wondering if my current set up is not complimenting the system.

I know its based on taste and type of music but I'm still interested to know what you all have configured...

My settings:

I don't find this too different a sound from the factory system in the MK7 GTD but I've never had a sub in the car before either to fully know how to arrange the settings.

I quite like to get a bit of a thump with the BASS and nothing too tinny and cheap sounding
« Last Edit: 29 March 2017, 08:47 by adekil »
Current(2024): MK8 Golf R, Pure White, RV Camera & 19" Estoril Diamond Cut

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
Re: 2016 MK7 Golf R (1st facelift) - Dynaudio Settings
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2017, 16:41 »
I specc'd Dynaudio on my GTD when it got it in 2013. Came from a Focus ST and was initially very disappointed with the sound of the Dynaudio system in the GTD.

Since then, I've tweaked the settings a bit. I like to choose the 'dynamic' preset, then adjust the bass levels upwards. Happy with the sound now. I listen to the majority of music (Heavy Rock to easy listening) in the car, so Dynaudio was one of the options that I choose on the new Golf R.
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2017, 23:49 »
I'm pretty sure I've now got the audio settings about right on the 7.5, tried a few and have consistently tweaked to find the sweet spot between getting a punchy delivery and not drowning other frequencies out. To corroborate, I'm exposed to extremely high end audio systems in my day job regularly and I know what good sounds like!
These are my settings;

The setup still leaves a fair bit to be desired, it lacks clear mid-range frequencies and the lower end rolls off too soon but the high end definition is good and there is little to no distortion at listenable volumes, particularly for such a flawed environment as a car.

Switching to Dynamic does alter the characteristics but I have suspicions that all it is doing is altering the bottom end. I find that Authentic offers the most natural sound. Just make sure you don't set all those levels to 0.  :sick:
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #3 on: 28 October 2017, 00:01 »
Thanks ET. Will give that a try.

Still not sure that Dynaudio was a great option for me personally. I find there is just too much ambient noise in the car. Though I'm quite happy driving with the radio off. :undecided:

Joke: what is ET short for? Because he has small legs! :grin:

I'll get my coat. :embarrassed:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 28 October 2017, 07:46 »
What sounds good to one will sound crap to others and systems will be different between cars.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 28 October 2017, 16:11 »
Thanks ET. Will give that a try.

Still not sure that Dynaudio was a great option for me personally. I find there is just too much ambient noise in the car. Though I'm quite happy driving with the radio off. :undecided:

Joke: what is ET short for? Because he has small legs! :grin:

I'll get my coat. :embarrassed:
No probs DA, let me know what you think.
I agree, there's definitely too much ambient noise in the car. I'm not going to do it until necessary but I keep reading that swapping the OEM Bridgestones improves the road noise situation. But realistically, any car is a flawed environment for decent audio. The Dynaudio system isn't great at definition, but it is punchy and has good volume and control when you do turn it up.

I was driving around in a hired Discovery Sport a couple of weeks ago and the Meridian audio system in that was very good compared to the Golf.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline robp

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 05 November 2017, 13:04 »
I wasn't that impressed with dynaudio till i switched it to individual settings (the graphic eq button top right corner). Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but it took me a while to find that.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #7 on: 06 November 2017, 15:22 »
I sat in the car a few times playing with the sound and just end up setting it back to dynamic.

I have decided the Dynaudio sound system is wasted on me. :embarrassed:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 06 November 2017, 18:43 »
I have decided the Dynaudio sound system is wasted on me. :embarrassed:

Possibly, but a few posts on here seem to suggest it takes a month or more for the speakers to 'bed in'. Can't say I have noticed this particularly with mine, but I still think it sounds better than the stock system and takes higher volumes with better clarity and precision.

Having said that, cars are not an ideal space in which to try and listen to music and unless fancy noise cancelling type technology is used, such as that on high end Audi's, BMW's, Merc's and Range Rover's, etc., etc., it is never going to sound as good as that in your living room or through earphones from your iPhone on the beach.
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline ratty_uk2000

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2017, 22:04 »
Utterly stumped - how do I save a change to a sound character profile please?

On order: 7.5 230 PS, 3 door, DSG.  Pearl black with heated screen, Dynaudio & reverse camera.