Author Topic: Downside of pre-registered car?  (Read 4357 times)

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
Re: Downside of pre-registered car?
« Reply #10 on: 27 March 2017, 22:24 »
If you shop around, you could get gap insurance to make up the difference?

Nice car, nice deal!

Yeah, I did think about GAP insurance. Seems pretty cheap, unless I'm really missing something! Around about £150 for 3 year cover. Need to have a look into a little more.

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #11 on: 28 March 2017, 14:29 »
What about production date. Is that something I should ask about/be concerned about?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 28 March 2017, 15:07 »
In what respect? The only things to change are/were the adoption of MIB2 (ages ago now) and then the Mk7.5, which it definitely isn't.

For gap insurance, it just needs to be less than 10 years old and have less then 80k on the clock (thats using the ALA/Pistonheads policy for replacement vehicle (https://www.pistonheadsgap.co.uk/)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #13 on: 28 March 2017, 15:09 »
In what respect? The only things to change are/were the adoption of MIB2 (ages ago now) and then the Mk7.5, which it definitely isn't.

For gap insurance, it just needs to be less than 10 years old and have less then 80k on the clock (thats using the ALA/Pistonheads policy for replacement vehicle (https://www.pistonheadsgap.co.uk/)

Not sure TBH! Just me being cautious. I found out anyway. Production date was 01/08/16.

GAP: Thanks for this. Will have a look around this evening.