Author Topic: Interior Electrics Issue  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Jayniekinns

• Just got here
Interior Electrics Issue
« on: 27 March 2017, 16:35 »
Hello,
The other day my partner tried putting in new LED lightbulbs in my visor lights and it seems to have messed up my electrics.
There has been no bulb in the fitting for a while. He tried a bulb and it flickered so he took it back to the shop and had it replaced. He got another and it flickered again, tried it in the number plate light and it worked fine.
He took the bulb back out. Not long after he tried to open the electric window and nothing happened. None I the windows open and most of the interior lights don't work, and those that do are very dim. Also when I unlock the car the hazards don't flash (they work normally though) and the alarm doesn't seem to be on.
The battery in my key also died before this so a have since got a new battery but it doesn't unlock the car anymore. My partner checked The voltage in the light in the centre and they are only reading 2V
The fuses have been checked and that are fine.
And ideas as to why this is happening are welcome as my partner cannot find the fault.

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
Re: Interior Electrics Issue
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2017, 17:09 »
Sounds like a bad connection somewhere...possibly an earth link. I would start with those upper lights...pop them out and check every connection.
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: Interior Electrics Issue
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2017, 23:12 »
Are there fault codes in the CCM?
Does it even respond on the diagnostics?
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles